I finally got around to buying some replacement 'little rubber feet'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2024/03/11/i-finally-got-around-to-buying-some-replacement-little-rubber-feet.html

8 Likes

:man_shrugging:

4 Likes

I didn’t buy this set, but I did just buy a bunch of little rubber feet from Lowe’s. They’re definitely useful little things to keep around the house.

3 Likes

There are better way to stop your door handles banging into the wall.

5 Likes

10 Likes

You’ve been duped; these are not LRF support modules but LSF (little silicone feet) support modules.

However, LSF modules are generally longer-lasting than LRF modules while providing a similar coefficient of friction on most surfaces, unlike LPF (little plastic feet) which are better for assemblies requiring easier slip-slidin’ action.

14 Likes

You forgot about LLF — Little Latex Feet, for when you need to be invisible to Yahweh.

3 Likes

We put LFFs — little felt feet — on our dining room table and chairs for ease of sliding on hardwood floors.

9 Likes

Are you unhinged?

Rubber feet are common as you get older.

2 Likes

I got some of that for some drawers, but there were 3M which in my experience has superior adhesives.

3 Likes

Yes, but you just can’t get any good domestics these days.

2 Likes

The secret to preventing your appliances, et al from being “tilty” is to replace all the old feet with matching new ones.

Hey. Dora’s that make me a life hack maven?

1 Like

I had a cheese board that was warped and would rock on a flat surface. I put four little rubber feet like these at the corners, hoping they would have enough give to solve the problem.
817qE7ikqTL.AC_UF350,350_QL80
The board still wobbled, so I determined which corner was the problem and put two stainless #10 flat washers under that foot. The board is now wobble-free.

Sure does. And don’t call me Dora.

2 Likes

Rubber baby buggy bumpers?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.