I found a locked safe hidden at the back of a closet in my new house

At this point even Geraldo Rivera is saying “Just get on with it and open it!”

10 Likes

7 Likes

11 Likes

11 Likes
18 Likes

I replied to a catty remark in another thread and felt I should repost it here.

28 Likes

I’m thinking you found Jimmy Hoffa!

5 Likes

Years ago I owned an old house with lath and plaster interiors. I found two voids in the framing clearly intended to hold secrets or contraband of some sort and inside each of them was: .

3 Likes

Crazy idea – more for “kicks” than anything else. Kickstarter! Buy a share of what’s inside for contributing to the locksmith fund :slight_smile: $500 for locksmith … Do 50 $10 shares!

Obviously non serious. Or am I?

7 Likes

My friend found like $10,000 in old old cash in the walls of an old house he had just bought.

6 Likes

20 sqft. void? I bet it’s DB Coopers spider-hole. Check it for parachutes.

11 Likes

And spiders…

10 Likes

A friend of mine found 5kg of weed sewn into the seat upholstery of a second-hand car.

10 Likes

14 Likes

Doub’loon:

18 Likes

I remembered that sound effect as being wonderfully witty when I first read it in Groo #100. Bravo!

2 Likes

It really is cool Rob, as i mentioned before i was just curious where the safe situation was at :slight_smile: Some people might feel inclined to give you shit over the safe, but i find the whole situation amusing. There’s likely nothing in there, but the extra space between the rooms does sound odd. Wonder if there’s a way to get to it without having to cut through a wall… probably not but hey you can expand a room if needed! Or build a little secret room.

3 Likes

I vote for drilling a hole, pushing a camera through on a stick (with LED lighting), and letting people on the internet interpret the imagery.

9 Likes

Can we start a pool for what’s in there? Is it trash, a corpse, stashed goods/contraband, cash, or nothing?

5 Likes

one of the first replies will be along the lines of

5 Likes