I have a subscription to coconut oil

That’s a good price. It’s gone down. I bought this a few days ago and it was $21.

[quote=“Mister44, post:15, topic:69815”]
Do you all not know where coconuts grow?
[/quote]Yeah… but this is oil from subscription coconuts.

2 Likes

I’m not trying to be argumentative with you :smile: But I didn’t “just (describe) margarine.” Similar is not identical. Yes, margarine is made from vegetable oil, but while many people might spread margarine on their toast (although I’m definitely not one of them) almost no one would think of pouring a tbs or tsp or Wesson oil onto their toast, or slathering some Crisco onto their toast. I realize that Coconut Oil is not Vegetable Oil. But it is closer to being Vegetable Oil than it is to being margarine.

As an aside: coconut oil makes for a most excellent lube.

Something about ketosis, medium chain triglycerides, and boosting brain activity/energy levels.

I just like the stuff because it actually adds flavor to foods. Especially fried dumplings and spring rolls.

2 Likes

Dipping bread in olive oil is common. My mother spread lard on toast, before margarine was common and butter was not available.

9 Likes

I love a nice fruity olive oil on toast, myself…

3 Likes

Punk-gate.

I like the flavor free organic coconut oil from swansons…and the flavorful one.
When it is on sale (every few weeks) it is $17 for 3lb 6oz (1.53 kilograms) delivered to your door.
They regularly have 20% off sales with free shipping, and stock a ton of natural food products from honey to coco power to carob to granola and are a great source for people who can’t find certain products locally.

You can get a $5 off coupon here:

I recommend them and their products and am not affiliated with the company in any way.

There is a HUGE difference between short chain, medium chain, and long chain saturated fats. Long chain are the only ones that have ever been considered unhealthy and even that has been revised in the last 10 years. Coconut oil is short and medium chain saturated fats which is one of the healthiest types of oils you can consume.

What you really want to avoid are trans-fats.

hexane is nasty stuff and cannot be completely removed from the end product. conventional “vegetable oil” is loaded with the stuff.

i use MCT oil for those reasons.

3 Likes

I’m cautious with it and prefer to use olive oil, but it is great to put on a cast iron skillet after a good washing.

6 Likes

I love it but it gives me terrible heartburn.

For now. We’ll be spinning the Wheel of Oils in another couple of weeks and starting a whole new round of science alarmism. Stay tuned! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Way ahead of you. The hot new healthy oil trend will be NO OIL AT ALL. We’ve already denounced the evils of refined grains and sugars, why not refined fats?

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.