I have journeyed to the soul of chocolate and I bring you good tidings

Blade Grinder? Do Androids Dream of Electric Goats?

1 Like

“I don’t consume any sweeteners” - except the whisky, right?

I read an interesting book that was supposedly a diet book, but the diet had been developed by a woman who worked with alcoholics. Her premise was that people who are alcoholics are actually addicted to the sugar and that controlling blood sugar was necessary in order for someone to be successful at quitting alcohol. She recommended eating a small potato every night. It was a really interesting, if untested, premise. My own father being an alcoholic, it made me think back to all the sweets that we ate and I wondered if there were something to it.

I think this is the book:

1 Like

How hard is it to sprinkle them on ice cream? Mmmm, cacao nibs on ice cream.

let me go look into that.

For science!

2 Likes

I recommend adding a splash of bourbon or some kind of liqueur, a small pinch of kosher salt, and a little jam or caramel as well. We call this “adult sundaes.”

1 Like

Can I just say…Frangelico?

Oh of course you can. I will counter by saying “dried sour cherry infused bourbon.” :wink:

1 Like

Party at your house!

I could bring some hand-crafted cinnamon liqueur made in Colorado too, if you like.

2 Likes

It’s like you know me.

2 Likes

Recipe, please?

Distilled spirits do not contain any sweeteners unless they are added after it is distilled. The distillation process leaves sugar behind.

There are certainly no sweeteners in his Yamazaki aside from possibly a trace amount from the barrel they stuck it in to age it afterwards.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.