I just learned that human slinkys are a thing

Originally published at: I just learned that human slinkys are a thing | Boing Boing

5 Likes

That cut right at the end convinces me that none of this was computer generated.

1 Like

Who was the dance troupe from the 70’/80’s that did stuff like this? Pilobolus?

Mummenschanz.

13 Likes

I saw Mummenschantz and Pilobolus when I was a kid. Very little if anything compares today.

2 Likes

That catchy beat:

6 Likes

There was a Slinky Man exactly like in the video (perhaps the same!) at a Shpongle Live concert at the Fox Theater in Oakland years ago. Fantastic show! I still remember the shivers when they started playing the opening riffs of Around The World In A Tea Daze.

It’s been a decade, and I still wish I could do that again. Slinky Man was a highlight.

2 Likes

I was going to mention Mummenschanz as well. They guested on an episode of The Muppet Show.

4 Likes

They’re still at it:

(Link goes to the English page, but for some reason Onebox previews in German.)

2 Likes

There used to be more in the troupe but they met a staircase. Oh how kinetic.

2 Likes

I never saw them perform live, but I do remember seeing clips on TV and being amazed. Dance for people who don’t really care about dance. And psychedelic in the truest sense, mind-expanding, showing a little kid endless possibilities of life and art.

2 Likes

Human slinkypede

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.