I loved me some "Gnip Gnop"

Possibly. But I know that plastic toys I loved as a kid got played with to the point of being destroyed, so I was wondering how many survived to the point they could be treasured post-childhood.

I never had Gnip Gnop but I did have Rocket Hockey. The heavy steel puck bouncing around at 5000 rpm gave it a tangible sense of danger. The sound of the puck spinning on the play field was really cool, too.

1 Like

I was trying to explain to someone much younger than me once that before video games really took off (even in the age of the original Atari 2600) we had lots of these kinds of “action games” that mimicked what video games were doing-- that hockey game with the sliding players, foosball, “mechanical” video games that used LEDs and gears instead of a screen, those water-filled games where you squirted balls through hoops in a handheld clear cube.

In fact describing those things now they sound ridiculous. And I’m not even sure how to google them to provide examples.

1 Like

Some still exist, and have been updated to incorporate today’s technology while simultaneously using yesterday’s technology…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.