"I run the county," Florida official in Ferrari tells cop in likely attempt to avoid speeding ticket (video)

I don’t hold any animosity towards you, but…good.

I was going to say by fixing speeding tickets for cash, but he doesn’t seem very good at it.

2013 Ferrari 458 Spider convertible. KBB is around $240K.

2 Likes

What kills me about a guy like that is that the mere fact that he is driving a Ferrari and go pulled over for speeding. A little sheepishness would win over a lot of cops, who, broadly speaking, tend as a class to be enthusiastic about automotive engineering. And how many get to pull over a Ferrari for fuck’s sake?

1 Like

not to mention he also owns a benz, and - i suspect completely without proof - a mcmansion or two

1 Like

It’s Florida. Probably a boat.

2 Likes

Ahh, I stand corrected then. The newer model would certainly be far more pricey. Guy definitely has more money than any government official should have or need.

2 Likes

you had to make me go look didn’t you? :wink:

His company, Mullins Properties, owns and manages real estate across the Southeast. The team specializes in property management, restoration and development of commercial and residential properties, including apartment complexes, town homes and houses. Mullins has also developed and managed some of the largest shopping centers and outdoor amphitheaters in the country.

a quick search brings up all sorts of public/private ventures where he’s (seemingly) operating on both sides. and he’s also part of some opioid “task force”. yeah, good times all around

the internet has so many interesting items on him. here’s just one.

Leading up to the vote, the public had the opportunity to weigh in on Mullins’ prospective appointment… All nine commenters were against Mullins receiving the post… his conduct on social media was unnecessarily incendiary, that he was not a true representative of Flagler County residents, and that his disputes with individual residents had several times crossed a line.

According to Commissioner O’Brien, the process of appointing a Chair had been made far more contentious than it ought to have been thanks to Mullins’ being “a lightning rod”. He described how residents had strongly implored him against voting for Mullins, saying “my inbox was pretty damn full with emails from people not wanting you to be Chair.” O’Brien did, of course, still vote for Mullins, despite calling the ordeal “damn frustrating.”

4 Likes

F-u-u-u-ck. I mean, of course, but f-u-u-u-ck. :rage:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.