Cocky Florida cop going 80mph is pulled over but refuses to show ID, speeds away (video)

Originally published at: Cocky Florida cop going 80mph is pulled over but refuses to show ID, speeds away (video) | Boing Boing

5 Likes

This is just peak Florida.

10 Likes

Oh now suddenly the cops have standards?

16 Likes

I don’t get it, isn’t the point of being a police officer that you can be above the law and do anything that you want?

(I’m unsure if this needs a /s, not because people might not recognize the sarcasm, but because I think it might actually be the real reason many police officers join the force).

16 Likes

I was just thinking of how police “deaths in the line of duty” numbers include not just vehicle accidents, but accidents while driving to work, and that they make up a significant percentage of the deaths. Dunno why I just thought of that…

22 Likes

My guess is he’ll get fired from OPD but then get hired by the sheriff’s office that pulled him over.

15 Likes

Yep. American policing needs an unending supply of violent psychopaths because (mumble mumble, shoots a Black schoolkid)

8 Likes

I certainly want to see more of this type of policing, where cops police each other and arrest/charge each other for the crimes they commit. But I doubt we will, this is the rare incident where one person had a modicum of standards.

13 Likes

Evidently this deputy has not yet been inducted into the ACAB fraternity.

3 Likes

“Respect mah authoritay!”
“Naw, man. You must respect mah authoritay!”
Kinda surprised this didn’t turn into a gun battle.

7 Likes

These kinds of cops are total, entitled dicks.

I remember an audio file of a cop calling in plates of speeders and dispatch coming back with them all belonging to cops. Evidently there was some seminar they were all late to. They didn’t pull any of them over, just lamented, “Sheesh, someone needs to tell these guys to slow down.”

2 Likes

Aren’t these the kind of cops that DeSatan is welcoming to FL with bonuses? You get what you ask for!

5 Likes

Very unlikely he lost his “Peace Officers” license, so this is a big no big deal. To any of the LEO community.

And, since he’s probably used to making well over 50K a year (at least); he’ll be begging his way back to an equivalent at the next LEO job he gets.

But ruining a civilians life over this (impound vehicle, remove license, jail offender) is alllll just fine dandy and ok.

ACAB. All.

2 Likes

and in florida of all places! who’da thunk it?

2 Likes

Just for fun let’s take a guess who he votes for and admires.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.