I spent too much time watching Beatles tribute bands from around the world

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/24/i-spent-too-much-time-watching.html

4 Likes

There was a Beatles parody band from Hong Kong in the 1960s.

1 Like

Can I share one from my country? I’ve seen them live and they’re really good. My brother tried to get them to play at his wedding but they were crazy expensive and in his words: “it’d be cheaper to get Paul McCartney here”. Their name means “Walrus” in Spanish :slight_smile:

4 Likes
2 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

And here are the actual Beatles singing “She Loves You” in German

6 Likes

Good job all around!

Except those Russian Beatles. I can’t decide if they are intentionally or unintentionally comic. There is virtually no effort going on there at all.

1 Like

Sargento Pimenta.

3 Likes

Not exactly a “tribute” band, but if you haven’t heard the Blues Beatles’ version of “Yesterday” you definitely should! They came to the States and I got to see them live here in Tallahassee, Florida - highly recommended.

3 Likes

I don’t think it’s a waste of time. Here’s two from Tommy Emmanuel, too many others to list,

6 Likes
1 Like
2 Likes

The Beetles One from Brazil: This drummer is clearly channeling the true Ringo spirit.

2 Likes

There is a whole lot of cross-cultural awesomeness in this thread!

2 Likes
2 Likes
1 Like

Saw Rain perform in 1980, when a freshman in high school. They were actually quite good.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.