'I was born without my right hand and use duct tape to play guitar'

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/10/02/i-was-born-without-my-right.html

9 Likes

Goddamn, good on her. As a fellow musician who has had physical struggles playing ( neuropathy) I shall never bitch again.
Play on, girl. Play on.

21 Likes

She can play better than I can with all five digits on my right hand. Kudos.

Oh, and Duct Tape Cyborg is my new band name…once my right hand gets better at guitar.

5 Likes

That’s really cool. Not the same but related (and maybe this is common knowledge) - one of the worlds greatest jazz guitarists Django Reinhardt only had two working fingers on his left (fretboard) hand after being severely burned at age 18. Always great to see people overcome obstacles and excel.

9 Likes

Further ‘immortalized’ is “The Triplets of Bellville”

tumblr_lp1jeudxP41qdcri5o1_500

13 Likes

Well done, that woman! You can get by without all that tirando and apoyando nonsense. Free Expression, every time!

3 Likes

I don’t know if she’s reading this; your guitar skills are friggin’ awesome. But holy hell do you have a voice like an angel. You have music in your future. The only keyboard I can play is the qwerty kind.

2 Likes

Ooooh! Thanks! I have that in my DVD collection, ( a magazine freebie!) but it’s nice to know it’s free on Y**tb!

1 Like

Maybe she and Jason Barnes could go on tour. [Sadly his Kickstarter last year was not successful.]

1 Like

so is there a pick on the tape or is just there to prevent blisters and callouses??

I don’t know if this is a typo, but it’s accurate

1 Like

A few years back, I gave up guitar playing for a few months because of a hand injury. I really missed it. What I should have done was strapped a pick to my cast and learned to flatpick.

I, too, shall never bitch again.

until the next time I bitch

2 Likes

Tony Iommi also lost two of his fingertips in an industrial accident. He was given a Django Reinhardt album by his foreman to inspire him to keep playing.

3 Likes

Wow, I didn’t know that. And on his fretting hand, too…
That beats this missing finger.

2 Likes

My way to get back in shape was playing a resonator using fingerpicks and a slide until i could build back the fine motor skills.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.