I Watched Adam Sandler's "Ridiculous 6" So That You Don't Have To

I don’t particularly think he sucks, he’s definitely not good but mostly i think he’s probably the laziest entertainer out there that somehow has had a successful career. It’s sad really. The good movies he’s in are definitely good, but these days i have a hard time going back to them because of his current reputation.

2 Likes

Isn’t that the vast majority of Sandler movies?

2 Likes

I’d recommend Funny People to just about anyone. Apatow has chops, fer sure and Sandler and Rogan have great chemistry. The writing is solid (if somewhat predictable), and I laughed loudly at a few moments.

Regarding Sandler doing shit movies, the way I heard it is that he’s firmly in the “one for them, one for me” camp. @Donald_Petersen may have insights here.

Funny People? Ugh. That film was soooooo loooong. I don’t think I even reached the end of it.

Probably doesn’t help that I don’t like Seth Rogen much more than I do Sandler. Or Judd Apatow. I think that film was onto a loser with me from the start.

I’m just not a fan of any of those bromance frat pack films. J G-L is the only one in that group who I like - but I’m still not going to see The Night Before.

Well, it’s no Happy Gilmore, that’s for sure… :wink:

This topic was automatically closed after 431 days. New replies are no longer allowed.