Ice cream drivers at war

I’d care more if either one of these trucks charged less than the going rate of $3 per cone.

But, since they’re both serving the same price and have indistinguishable products, I’m not sure why I should pick one over the other.

3 Likes

“a franchisee could lose his or her Mister Softee franchise for engaging in that type of criminal activity.”

3 Likes

Richard Thompson had a surprising take on Ice Cream trucks, too.

1 Like

In Leeds the vans used to play different tunes when they were selling drugs to when they were selling ice cream.
Though of course, if you’re selling weed, then also being able to sell ice cream to your customers with the munchies is just sensible cross brand promotion.

12 Likes

I grew up in Glasgow during Ice Cream wars and remember one time as a young kid (remember back then being 5/6 and out playing was common), standing at van waiting for my cone when another van drew up and some guys with balaclavas and baseball bats jumped out and starting smashing up the van I was at. the guy just kept serving while his partner fought them off. Very surreal.

oh, and baseball bats were very common when I was kid, and NO ONE played baseball. Bats were for one function only.

9 Likes

The road to success in this business is a rocky one.

14 Likes

6 Likes

It’s kind of weird to think that in some respects, Miami was essentially a stand-in for Glasgow in that game. Rockstar really need to just do a GTA:Glasgow game.

1 Like

Last time I went to Leeds, I got off the bus, right next to, like, the biggest police station I’ve ever seen, and a drug dealer handed me his business card soon as my feet hit the ground. Leeds is fucking mental.

2 Likes

Did anyone else read that as Alan Vega?

ETA: I’m somewhat reminded of Louie’s SOS (though that was a milk route, not ice cream). I checked it out of the school library in 3rd grade, and had to pay for it when I couldn’t find it at the end of the year. When we moved the following year, it turned up underneath the chest of drawers. I never did read it until a couple of years ago, when I read it to my son. I don’t think Louie’s cig would pass muster in a school library these days.

This is exactly what is going on in the clip I posted above from Comfort and Joy. You can watch it and relive your childhood memories!

1 Like

Now we all know this whole thing should be called Game of Cones… right?

7 Likes

*sigh* [clicks ‘Like’ button]

7 Likes

:heart: Cows Creamery

3 Likes

Reminds me of this: Kate Beaton’s dueling carolers.
http://www.harkavagrant.com/index.php?id=161

2 Likes

Oh, I just saw your Cows shirt! I personally have the following shirts: CSI: Cow Scene Investigation, Cowches Corner, and Steer Trek. I also have a mug and some magnets

I used to pick up the stuff when I visited Vancouver and Whistler many year ago. The ice cream was good, too.

1 Like

The only Cows shirt I actually own:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.