Man enjoys ice cream as street brawl unfolds

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/08/man-enjoys-ice-cream-as-street.html

2 Likes

Best sore Betties in town.

3 Likes

Gezus! Just tell him what’s up and end it already.

9 Likes

Delicious frozen treats always makes the bystander effect more charming and relatable.

9 Likes

The passivity of the man is amazing. No reaction even when the fight physically interrupts his spoonful of dessert. Almost as if he thinks it’s all just on TV or YouTube.

Very chill.

8 Likes

“Look, if I don’t eat it, it’s going to melt, you can see my predicament.”

28 Likes

Even ice cream truck drivers can get a little aggressive with each other

4 Likes

Or the classic:

“Hellooo folks!”

9 Likes

If we’re talking classic ice cream truck-related violence, then we gotta include Assault on Precinct 13

7 Likes

Usually you have to pay extra for a show…

When I was in Toronto late at night, I was with a friend and we stopped at this little cafe/restaurant place run by an older Italian lady. These two drunk gals come in and they want a salad. Well it’s near closing time, they don’t have any salad. They plead with the order taker, and the Italian lady comes out and decides she will make them a salad. Time passes and they decide they don’t want the salad any more, and the Italian lady is like, “Well you ordered it, you have to pay for it. I can make it to go.”

Well things go down hill from there, with yelling, some “I know who your parents are.”, some “fuck yous”. Eventually they were pushed out of the place and the door locked.

And they didn’t even comp our meals!

4 Likes

This man. This man is all of us.

Can I get sprinkles?

2 Likes

Keep calm and carry on.

2 Likes

Reads headline. “This sounds like Brazil.” Clicks article. Yep. Was not disappointed.

8 Likes

This is the epitome of big city living. Not my business, not going to get involved. It’s also the final episode of Seinfeld.

2 Likes

If he had offered to buy them all an ice cream should they make amends, could he have swiftly and amicably ended the entire disagreement using nothing but the power of sweetened dairy? We may never know.

2 Likes

“Turkey in the Straw” will do that to people.

Or any ice cream truck music, come to think of it.

I did once hear Christmas carols coming from an ice cream truck, must have been in July or so, which amused me.

3 Likes

Icee what you did there.

4 Likes

The ice cream truck that comes around where I live always plays the Italian national anthem. And the neighbour’s dogs will wail along with it.
Also, whenever I hear the Italian national anthem in any other context now (olympics, championship matches, whatever) I get a real hankering for ice cream.

9 Likes

Was the ice cream popcorn-flavored?

5 Likes

Face it: everyone likes ice cream more than brawls.

Even the lactose intolerant, if they have their pills with them.

3 Likes