If all the fun stuff happened at school the one day you were sick, this comedy sketch is for you

Originally published at: If all the fun stuff happened at school the one day you were sick, this comedy sketch is for you | Boing Boing

1 Like

I’m in the locker-downs

I feel this clip soooo hard. Took a day sick in secondary school, that was the day our Chemistry Teacher Mr Bellone ( nickname Bumbling Bellone ) was preparing small lumps of sodium metal for an experiment.

The large piece to be subdivided needed to be kept coated in oil to stop air getting to it - he left it on the glass dish too long, it dried out, caught fire and leapt out onto the wooden worktop…

Outcome? Several boys taken to hospital for cautionary checks, general mayhem and hijinks, and a nice big burnt crater on the teachers desk - and I missed it all! :grin:

3 Likes

Two days of Jr. High I missed come to mind: 1) A man in his 20s who had gone there hung himself on a tree just outside the fence. He was wearing a Chewbacca mask. 2) Ronald Reagan stopped by the school on his way to be inaugurated. It seemed other kids were in the know, because at least one brought a flag. There was jostling to get a good view and the flag pole tilted toward the president-elect. A quick thinking secret service agency grabbed the pole and stomped on it.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.