If anything worthwhile ever came out of a FOX affiliate

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/04/07/if-anything-worthwhile-ever-ca.html

6 Likes

I’d still verify that using a trustworthy source.

36 Likes

What, these viewers can’t check their phones, like everybody else?

5 Likes

Now that FOX is toeing the LameStream Media’s line on what day it is, perhaps it’s time to tune into OAN—where the days of the week are now patriotically referred to as Donalday, Melanaday, Trumpday, Ivankaday, Trumpagainday, Otherkidsday, and Golfday.

33 Likes

You can’t trust deep phone, duh.

15 Likes

I said something along the lines of “what day of the week was Thursday” during a meeting with my boss the other day. I was trying to ask what the calendar date was, but it didn’t come out quite right. It got a chuckle out of her. I guess I should have watched Fox news beforehand!

10 Likes

Good idea. Fox claims Monday, actual date appears to be Tuesday.

14 Likes

Slow news day for that FOX affiliate.

Fake news never ends with these guys. It’s Tuesday, ffs.

9 Likes

Well, it’s not like we’re in the middle of a pandemic or some other massive humanitarian crisis.

Come to think of it, any time spent by a FOX affiliate on something besides massaging Trump’s ballsack and is time well spent.

7 Likes

Local news getting comedy right is like spotting a rare bird.

Bonus is the way she manages to squeak the word “what”. Blink your ears and you’ll miss it.

6 Likes

[Citation needed]

2 Likes

Don’t confuse Fox News with news on Fox affiliates. This is way old, but explains the distinction:
https://www.mediamatters.org/fox-news/fox-affiliates-we-are-not-fox-news-channel

6 Likes

I laughed. There’s not much else to say nowadays except. “It’s Monday”. I couldn’t have pulled that off without a chuckle.

2 Likes

Can’t wait for Wednesday

The center of the dial only has their phone number written on it.

6 Likes

Heh… Way to go Cleveland!

1 Like

Deadpan. A big graphic and a deadpan delivery. Come on, dudes! You need at least a jingle and a dance - a separate, distinct jingle and dance for each day of the week! Or, better still, a Monday character - a laundryperson maybe? - Monday is Wash day? Tuesday Sooooup? etc? You call that programming? I call it pathetic.

Not necessarily.

3 Likes

Fox news local affiliates are independent in content and politics from the national Fox cable channel. This local station may be no worse than any other local news station.