If you like Boing Boing, you will love our page of "dupes"

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/07/06/if-you-like-boing-boing-you-w.html

8 Likes

I wonder how much money you are going to save in storage costs now that they’re won’t be any more “Duplicate Post!!!” comments.

11 Likes

I think I see the dupes because I read the rss feeds.

5 Likes

I won’t feel complete until this post is double posted.

And how about including a link to the alternate for comparison? I know a lot of the time it is in the comments.

17 Likes

I suspect there’s one type of duplicate post not being covered here - the ones that get reposted years after first appearing (because an old story somewhere on the internet gets rediscovered and goes viral again). I’m quite fascinated by the phenomenon. I think there’s at least one story that had three posts over the years.

I’m waiting for Boingboing to do a duplicate after a news story goes viral as the result of someone discovering an old Boingboing post that covered it. Assuming that hasn’t already happened.

10 Likes

Where’s the dupe of this post? :wink:

7 Likes

This is the kind of quality content I come here for.

5 Likes

Oh, I’ve heard that before.

3 Likes

I’ve been duped!

2 Likes

Don’t you mean “dupedplusgood”?

6 Likes

Jill’s back! Yay Jill! Can you autograph my paving slab?

3 Likes

@frauenfelder Am I missing something here? Surely you need to post BOTH posts of each topic, side-by-side (one above the other) there, not just the one. The fun is in seeing how each BB poster treated the topic and how the comments evolved (where they weren’t merged).

5 Likes
1 Like

Here.

2 Likes

Threepeat: This is New York City in 1993... in HD

2 Likes

:notes: Dupe dupe dupe
Dupe of URLs
Dupe dupe… :notes:

7 Likes

Aha! Is that the only one, though? I could have sworn there was another (at least).

1 Like

Oh, there’s gotta be a few more.

2 Likes

tumblr_inline_ns0qaf0uQN1rz2j7i_500

2 Likes