If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 2)

Clouds over Kashiwa

17 Likes

I came across this small grey kangaroo trapped between the freeway guard rail and the fence separating the freeway from the bike path this morning. It had been injured and wasn’t able to stand.

I called the wildlife rescue service and because it was on the freeway, they called the cops who turned up after about 15 mins and blocked traffic to the left lanes and tried to keep it calm. One told me its leg didn’t appear broken - which would have meant he shot it on the spot, which he hated doing - so the wildlife rescue folks would tranq it and hopefully be able to save it.

16 Likes

Awesome Sofia Vergara GIF by America's Got Talent

9 Likes

Fujisan

16 Likes

11 Likes

Anti pigeon spikes?

5 Likes

Bovine Cenobite Leader, Pincow?

7 Likes

Go home saguaro cactus. You are drunk

13 Likes

12 Likes

8 Likes

10 Likes

Kid Koala’s Storyville Mosquito was a delight! IRL because it doesn’t really exist in video despite being a live taping of live puppets and live musicians. We got to see the sets up close afterwards and even meet Mr Koala himself in the lobby. What a night!

As I type, today’s show in New Westminster, BC is starting. Then it’s off to Calgary, Montreal and New York. I highly recommend you go! Great for kids, say, 8 and up.

The puppeteers “posed” for these close-ups for me. I so wanted to touch and play with everything, especially Mr Koala’s rig. (Why didn’t I take a photo of that?) And the photocopier! I’ve never been charmed by a photocopier before this. Small spoiler hint: Who could have predicted the vibes coming off the bad guy?

ETA

10 Likes

7 Likes

Future stadium?

1 Like

6 Likes

The chainsaw started out as a surgical instrument. In gynocology.

2 Likes

I’m aware. I still wouldn’t characterize it as precise. I feel like there’s a reason it’s no longer the surgical instrument of choice for that part of the body.

9 Likes

11 Likes

Antique shopping:

ETA: Still installed, but inoperable:

12 Likes

Sticker right on the record? That’s sure what it looks like. That can’t be good.

3 Likes