If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 2)

We had a very heavy and fast-moving rainstorm this afternoon. It was still raining when I took this photo, but there was already sun again. I’ve heard of a “sun shower” but this was a sun downpour.

Interesting Wiki article has a long list of colloquial terms for a sunshower, from different places around the world. Some are kind of…wow!

13 Likes

No, that’s Falcon Heavy.

4 Likes

“The plumage don’t enter into it!”

– Mr Praline

4 Likes

16 Likes

In the park by my apartment this dog consistently stops in the same location, lies down, and utterly refuses to go home. According to the man, the dog “doesn’t want to go home yet.”

I have never seen the dog walking, I have never seen the dog stop walking. I have never seen the dog finally decide to go home. I have only ever seen the dog in this condition in this exact spot. Usually the man reads on his phone while the dog does this.

20 Likes

I think the dog just wants a belly rub.

10 Likes

Every once in a while my Facebook feed gets the algorithm right and shows me something not completely absurd.

Cyndi Lauper and Laura Dern

25 Likes

Hm, I thought I saw something.

Enhance…

Enhance.

Enhance!

A-ha!

… carry on, then.

21 Likes

royal poiciana (flamboyán) are blooming up and down the island chain. the county planted and maintains these flaming lovlies in the median of the overseas highway (US 1). this one is in key largo:

19 Likes

I got no pictures but I did see something.

Selfridge Air National Guard Base is right across the water from us, big air show the last 3 days.

We’ve been seeing really cool jets and formations all weekend.

This morning I happened to look up, it’s kind of quiet so I might have missed, but I saw the B-2 Stealth Bomber flying really low.

It’s not very stealthy, I saw it plain as day, it’s really cool to see in person.

I’ve been counting by ten thousands how much fuel my tax dollars are paying for but it is fun watching this stuff all weekend.

Not my video but this is the kind of stuff we’ve been seeing all weekend. A lot of the jets have to fly over our house for the approach.

12 Likes

Went out wallking in the woods to listen to the Cicadas.

This one looks a little off.

17 Likes

Brood 19 has had their moment in the sun here in North Alabama. I found a stray dead one that maybe held in a little longer than the rest and that the chipmunks hadn’t eaten yet this morning, but it’s been back to just the regular afternoon cicadas buzzing intermittently at each other now. I kinda miss the weirdos.

8 Likes

In the secret County janitor closet!

12 Likes

I was out on the Missouri River this afternoon doing some boat training, and two A-10 Thunderbolts (“Warthogs”) came zooming upriver right over our heads. Here’s a short video of the second one:

Probably from the 303rd or 358th fighter squadrons out of Whiteman AFB.

11 Likes

Heavy, soaking rain.
Briefly, steam rose from the roof
when the sun came out.

17 Likes

“A haiku also needs to contain a seasonal reference, known as a kigo in Japanese. Just like with a kireji, English-language haiku don’t always include this component.” :clap: BRAVO!

14 Likes

(Must be a lot of annoying geese in that town.)

17 Likes

Just one, but it drives a Pontiac Vibe.

13 Likes

13 Likes

Is this a ReBoing? I feel like you’ve posted the peeing man before.

3 Likes