If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 2)

No we decided to pass so we’d have time to visit Tralee, which ended up being a big disappointment. So instead we took in the castle and abbey ^^ and those were worth it.

Fun facts: Ross Castle only became a ruin because the owner took the roof off to save on taxes!

13 Likes

Oh, so not worth going there then? Was it just boring?

Apparently, they now do a rental on Great Blasket… you have to bring your own food/drinks, etc, of course.

They look awesome!

Heidi Klum Wow GIF by Lifetime

Why is that a thing? :thinking:

But I want to buy a castle without a roof and put a roof on it! Would I have to pay more taxes if I did that to a castle! :thinking:

9 Likes

Tralee just had nothing of real interest to us. Fairly humdrum town. We googled things to do and it suggested the local swimming pool :man_shrugging:

11 Likes

But you can do that anywheres! :laughing:

I mean, I guess Kerry is pretty rural in general? I guess people come specifically for that, actually… hiking around and such like on the ring of dingle… there’s some mountains in addition to the coastline, too? Between Cork and Kerry? :thinking:

7 Likes

Quite rural indeed. Lots of hikers and cyclists, but also plenty of golf, beaches, horse riding and watersports. Lots of pretty views from the tops of the mountain passes. The roads are generally in better shape than up in Mayo.

Killarney is definitely the centre for tourism. If you were to come it is a good place to stay, then day-trip everywhere else

8 Likes

Thanks! Will keep that in mind… The last time we went (years ago now - late 90s), we were primarily in and around Cork (went over to see Blarney). We staying a little town called Kinsale, which didn’t have much happening, but was lovely and fun, none the less. It had a cool barely there fort, and a lovely bay.

Whenever we get our shit together and have time for an extended trip, I think we’re gonna do a week or so in Dublin and then hop a train over to Kerry for another week or so.

11 Likes

Do It Episode 3 GIF by Star Wars

11 Likes

Independence Day Usa GIF by Broad City

11 Likes

Another day, another harbour town. This time it’s Cobh in Cork. A very pretty town.

Also visited the spot where Michael Collins was assassinated. Not the Astronaut, the other guy.

17 Likes

I picked up this copy of John Barth’s The Tidewater Tales at Crescent City Books in New Orleans on a recent trip. Inside I found a receipt dated October 1989, from the Bookcourt in Brooklyn, a famous and beloved bookstore that closed in 2016.

I love finding interesting things in used books.

18 Likes

:sob:

For people who don’t know the history

11 Likes

There was a rainbow in my backyard just now…

20 Likes

holy lucky charms, batman! that’s like magically delicious!
i reckon you’ve been blessed… somehow.

13 Likes

I have a copy of The Kingdom of God is Within You that was stamped “TDCJ approved”.

5 Likes

Futurama Squinting GIF

10 Likes

lucky-charms-beer

11 Likes

12 Likes

Under the bridge.

18 Likes

Tokyo at Dawn on a Rainy Day

19 Likes

Cloudy on arrival into Taipei.

19 Likes