If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 2)

15 Likes

The fabled MERO Raumfachwerk (ball node system) in the wild?

5 Likes

18 Likes

Some kind of event in Kaohsiung.

16 Likes

Seen along the river bluff in Minneapolis. Author/artist unknown.

19 Likes

Needs more cat.

cat

7 Likes

I am enamored of this D.I.Y. wall, located in a back alley in my neighborhood. I first saw it a couple of weeks ago, but didn’t happen to have my phone with me. The weeds have grown since then; it would have made a better picture before, but, oh well.

I just really like the simplicity and effectiveness of it. I imagine that, before the wall was made, the trash and recycling containers would frequently wind up in the neighbor’s parking space (the City crews are good, but they’re sometimes careless with the containers after emptying them, roughly throwing them in the general direction of where they should go). The wall is heavy enough to withstand any assault from the containers, as well as heavy enough to simply stay in place without the need to drive anything into the ground. Easy for an unskilled person to make. Wouldn’t cost too much. And it’s kind of a neat look, for something in an alley. It ticks all the boxes for me!

15 Likes

wonder how permitting and code enforcement down here in hurricane alley would see that?
i happen to like simple, affordable structures, myself, but Monroe County would see that very differently!
not sure how that would withstand 170mph winds (that we were held to when rebuilding after Irma), but i could see useful application in my own yard. sadly, (or fortunately) the county oversees every “built” addition to a property. this design would be scrutinized by the county inspectors at my expense.
oh, well…

7 Likes

Ohh…yeah, wouldn’t want those parts as wind-borne projectiles. No, sir.

7 Likes

See also: BestMaid

2 Likes

Kaohsiung, Taiwan’s second city.

12 Likes

Taipei

17 Likes

Don’t wanna make another post.

16 Likes

Let’s see if any of my fellow Michiganders/Michiganians can guess where we were hanging out this evening.

18 Likes

The Dream Cruise! Woo-Hoo!

7 Likes

I’m glad we went, met our neighbor and some other friends. We were going to cruise it on Saturday but the weather ain’t looking very good.

Side note: Been riding motorcycles since I was 17, tonight was my very first blow out accelerating into a turn into 55 mph traffic with my wife on the back. Fishtailed all to heck but kept it upright and safely out of traffic. Put us an hour behind schedule but we’re sure glad we made down there.

For those not familiar, it’s an amazing cruising weekend in Michigan on historic Woodward Avenue. On Saturday all the lanes in both directions will be filled with 40,000 cars and well over a million people watching.

Couple more. You just can’t beat sucking in the exhaust for a few hours while these go by.

15 Likes

OMG! So glad all three of you (inc the bike) are OK!
jaw

Also glad U had such a great time!

I love seeing the old, weird, and weird old cars go by.

6 Likes

19 Likes

19 Likes

Reminds me of something in recent videogame Thank Goodness You’re Here!:

14 Likes