If You See Something (IRL), Post Something!

Indeed. If I remember correctly, I was the one who “liked” his post.

4 Likes

13 Likes

12 Likes

14 Likes

Sometimes the font choice really does matter.
The-font-matters

22 Likes
8 Likes

I wish I had the kind of aunt I could give that card to, and have it be a running joke between us for years to come.

12 Likes

Meh. Tonight I had to shoo a bat out of the house. I think it got in a couple nights ago, when a bathroom window screen fell off. I replaced the screen yesterday, but it didn’t make an appearance until today in the kitchen as it was getting dark. (I think I’d been getting occasional edge-of-sight twinges last night, but missed seeing it.)

I opened the front door in hopes that it would take a hint, but it took off upstairs, eventually settling in mom’s bedroom curtains. Yeah, it couldn’t stay there. I turned on all the lights to keep it in place, and closed off all the other rooms and closets. I made a dark path the front door. Then I turned off the bedroom lights in hopes that it would calm down and start flying again. Wait, wait, wait… Nope.

I put on my motorcycle jacket, gloves, thick toque and safety glasses. Then I went and gave it a gentle prod with a long selfie-stick. That did it. After it was flying around the bedroom and upper hall, I switched on the bedroom lights, restricting it to the upper hall, and closed the bedroom door. It flew around the upper hall for several minutes, really cool, but it wouldn’t take the hint to go downstairs and out the door.

Hmm. I’d forgotten to turn off the outside front light. Making my way past the swooping bat and down the stairs, I turned off the light, and came back up. That did the trick. After a few more swoops, it took off out the door and into the night.

Then I went back upstairs and checked for more bats. Probably not.

I could have taken some spooky low-light video of it flying, but I didn’t think of it at the time.

18 Likes

giphy%20(4)

11 Likes
8 Likes

Such unquiet people. It’s a good thing that they don’t live around here. The peaceful encounters I’ve had with skunks would not go well for them.

Eta: much nicer:

11 Likes

19 Likes

Found on a whiteboard at work

18 Likes

トトロ! 

6 Likes

Ok, no pics, but a weird thing happening that maybe you lovely nerds will know something about. We have an overhead produce rack for bananas, avocados, potatoes and onions. As happens, things occasionally go bad up there. bananas get fruit flies, potatoes sprout, onions sprout and dry out , etc…

However, recently things have started liquifying. a couple bananas swelled up and just started dripping banana water. not terribly smelly or anything, and no fruit flies around, just banana juice in a banana skin. An onion did the same thing. it didnt sprout, didn’t stink, just turned to juice. any thoughts on why? not looking for a solution per se, it is just things getting old, but curious about the science.

6 Likes

Last night, MBCR parking lot:

14 Likes

Some kind of fungus would be my guess.

3 Likes

They’re becolfed and normal though

4 Likes

It’s when the becolfing becomes normal that you have to start worrying.

6 Likes

13 Likes