If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

You probably got rain, however.

More tease:

14 Likes

spider

13 Likes

Cloud Atlas!

17 Likes

Watch your 6, Individually Wrapped Prunes, someones comin’ for that snack trend crown…

They’re in the…you know…Olive Aisle…

11 Likes

I mean olives are a good snack though… Although I am guilty of eating a whole 16oz can of olives in one sitting on more than one occasion.

7 Likes

15 Likes

stupid1

10 Likes

So… Jason is not stupid :thinking:

5 Likes

Indeed. If I remember correctly, I was the one who “liked” his post.

4 Likes

13 Likes

12 Likes

14 Likes

Sometimes the font choice really does matter.
The-font-matters

22 Likes
8 Likes

I wish I had the kind of aunt I could give that card to, and have it be a running joke between us for years to come.

12 Likes

Meh. Tonight I had to shoo a bat out of the house. I think it got in a couple nights ago, when a bathroom window screen fell off. I replaced the screen yesterday, but it didn’t make an appearance until today in the kitchen as it was getting dark. (I think I’d been getting occasional edge-of-sight twinges last night, but missed seeing it.)

I opened the front door in hopes that it would take a hint, but it took off upstairs, eventually settling in mom’s bedroom curtains. Yeah, it couldn’t stay there. I turned on all the lights to keep it in place, and closed off all the other rooms and closets. I made a dark path the front door. Then I turned off the bedroom lights in hopes that it would calm down and start flying again. Wait, wait, wait… Nope.

I put on my motorcycle jacket, gloves, thick toque and safety glasses. Then I went and gave it a gentle prod with a long selfie-stick. That did it. After it was flying around the bedroom and upper hall, I switched on the bedroom lights, restricting it to the upper hall, and closed the bedroom door. It flew around the upper hall for several minutes, really cool, but it wouldn’t take the hint to go downstairs and out the door.

Hmm. I’d forgotten to turn off the outside front light. Making my way past the swooping bat and down the stairs, I turned off the light, and came back up. That did the trick. After a few more swoops, it took off out the door and into the night.

Then I went back upstairs and checked for more bats. Probably not.

I could have taken some spooky low-light video of it flying, but I didn’t think of it at the time.

18 Likes

giphy%20(4)

11 Likes
8 Likes

Such unquiet people. It’s a good thing that they don’t live around here. The peaceful encounters I’ve had with skunks would not go well for them.

Eta: much nicer:

11 Likes

19 Likes