If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

Found on a whiteboard at work

18 Likes

トトロ! 

6 Likes

Ok, no pics, but a weird thing happening that maybe you lovely nerds will know something about. We have an overhead produce rack for bananas, avocados, potatoes and onions. As happens, things occasionally go bad up there. bananas get fruit flies, potatoes sprout, onions sprout and dry out , etc…

However, recently things have started liquifying. a couple bananas swelled up and just started dripping banana water. not terribly smelly or anything, and no fruit flies around, just banana juice in a banana skin. An onion did the same thing. it didnt sprout, didn’t stink, just turned to juice. any thoughts on why? not looking for a solution per se, it is just things getting old, but curious about the science.

6 Likes

Last night, MBCR parking lot:

14 Likes

Some kind of fungus would be my guess.

3 Likes

They’re becolfed and normal though

4 Likes

It’s when the becolfing becomes normal that you have to start worrying.

6 Likes

13 Likes

Seems like the last thing you want on a Zeppelin.

6 Likes

That’s not a Zeppelin.

2 Likes

True, it doesn’t look at all like it’s made of led.

ba dum TISH!

10 Likes

As a kid, I spent a lot of time catching snakes, snapping turtles, anything I could get my greasy little hands on. I entered high school home room one morning to find everyone freaking out because there was a bat asleep on the ceiling. Without thinking, I grabbed a gym t-shirt, a chair, and gently grabbed the fella and put him outside. I never considered that it could have gone horribly wrong.

10 Likes

4 Likes

It didn’t, precisely BECAUSE you weren’t in panic mode.

5 Likes

7 Likes

Did not get a pic, as I was driving, but the CWA is on strike down here:

Saw a group with signs on the side of the road this morning and honked my support. One of my bro-in-laws is management at AT&T (the other one works there, too, oddly enough), and he had to do lineman training recently in case they struck!

11 Likes

It’s on clearance! 20+ SFX! Smelly trading card! Prank & Battle! Tushi is a master of the martial farts!

13 Likes

I can’t believe I clicked “Like” on that…

Only because your post suits the topic as defined in the OP :wink:

A thread to post cool, intersting, funny, surprising, upsetting, etc… stuff you see in the real world.

5 Likes

12 Likes

13 Likes