If You See Something (IRL), Post Something! (Part 1)

Inadvertent, or blatant?

8 Likes

18 Likes

Amazing discount.

19 Likes

Better than a negative discount I suppose…

13 Likes

Some New Years resolutions if you need ideas, courtesy of the box from our new magnetic fridge whiteboard (cuz fuck smart-fridges)

Hug lover
Greet neighbors warmly
Take Care of Pets
Healthy diet
Moderate exercise
Enough sleep

Ladygoose was crying laughing at no. 1…

12 Likes

16 Likes

Orion, Taurus, the moon, and Mars. Nice.

ETA: Fun Fact! A long time ago in Japan the constellation of Orion was called the Tsuzumi drum. I can see it.

18 Likes

A new housing development in my area.

Retention ponds are required, but recently the homebuilders have been making the ponds resemble natural ponds instead of wide-open lakes. Tall grasses discourage non-migratory geese from camping out and encourage wading birds to nest. This pond is a few years old.

This is a muskrat lodge in the middle of the pond.

18 Likes

I wonder what they do to prevent mosquitoes? :thinking: The ones created in my old hometown were deep and had to be fenced to prevent kids from getting into trouble. On top of that, they were considered to be eyesores so the fences were surrounded by trees. Hopefully, those geese-prevention measures work! :grimacing:

14 Likes

A few of them I’m certain have fish in them. There are small herons that live by the ponds so theres probably sufficient fish to keep the mosquito numbers low.

Wading birds will also carry in the eggs of invertebrates. They get stuck to their feet in one pond then get carried to a different pond. I’ve seen crayfish in a few of these ponds too so they probably hitchhiked in this way.

14 Likes

Our local retention pond has a fountain to keep the water circulating and lots of tiny fish.
They recently removed all the cattails. Supposedly so it was better for fishing. Which left me with two questions:

1. What fishing? It isn’t a big pond. It’s polluted to all hells from lawn chemicals. And there is a for-real, if small, lake less than a mile away.
  2. Where exactly do they think fish will spawn when all the long grasses and cattails are removed? That whole turf-until-the-water thing does not encourage fish breeding. Also, it is ugly

I plan on seeding swamp milkweed in spring. A bit of gorilla gardening.

17 Likes

giphy (3) (1)

14 Likes

Blinky has entered the chat… :wink:

The Simpsons Cartoon GIF

19 Likes

We got more snow :smiley: Is it not beautiful?

22 Likes

18 Likes

Passed out to everyone during a office renovation. Pretty grandiose claim for a Chinese-made computer stand. I’ll let everyone know how my life improves with it.

14 Likes

All I’m saying is that “Claw Machine Wizard” is a great band name

12 Likes

Wizard, deity, tomato, tomahto…

toy story claw machine GIF

10 Likes

Some particularly sneaky shrinkflation by lactaid here. Companies shaving a few ounces off of things that already come in arbitrary sizes is one thing, but trying to play your 52 ounce milk as a half gallon? no plausible deniability there.

This was from a grocery pickup order, so we didn’t see it on the shelf, but it’s pretty convincing and probably would’ve fooled us, especially if all of them on the shelf were this size… the shrinkflated one is on the left, the right is our almost empty actual half gallon.

13 Likes

I like lamp.

11 Likes