If you’ve ever wanted to pay to read a Tweet, you can do that now

Originally published at: If you've ever wanted to pay to read a Tweet, you can do that now | Boing Boing

2 Likes

Cool. Still keeping the Nazis though, yeah?

17 Likes

Yeah sure, just another monetization strategy.

10 Likes

Pay Patreon prices for posts that are far shorter and less detailed or require long, long tweet threads to get through. As I said the other day when this was announced: hard pass.

Twitter, you’re not Patreon. You’re not Facebook. You’re your own thing. Try remembering your core functionality instead of attempting to be like everyone else.

9 Likes

I am moving to SnapGramStackFans.

5 Likes

First thing I pictured was a website devoted to people building jenga towers out of graham crackers.

5 Likes

I can’t be bothered with following people on the free version.

18 Likes

Empowering fascists?

11 Likes

I actually don’t have a problem with this. If this keeps the platform running in a way I don’t have to pay for, while simultaneously identifying people who think so much of themselves that they think people will pay for their tweets, that’s a win for me.It’s as if billboards were curtained-off sandwich boards and you had to actively look for them… I’ll just drive on by.

2 Likes

Star Trek Reaction GIF

kristin-wiig-laugh-cry|nullxnull

8 Likes

I did Twitter for about four years and finally realized the small endorphin rush of someone liking one of my tweets was far outweighed by the negative feeling of someone else calling me a moron or worse because they disagreed with what I said.

5 Likes

I’m already paying the maximum I’m willing to pay to follow anyone on Twitter. In fact, I’ve been doing this for years!

8 Likes

So many self-styled Twitter personalities will find out that they don’t play in the $2.99 league. It will be glorious.

3 Likes

Can i pay to make it stop?

3 Likes

tumblr launched tumblr+ less than a month ago, which also involves paying for “bonus content” from those who enable it. Many users immediately began saying they would unfollow anyone with plus.

I’d pay money not to read most of the tweets I’ve read. Maybe they should do that instead.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.