Imitating Reddit, Twitter introduces Tweet Awards and Coins

Originally published at: Imitating Reddit, Twitter introduces Tweet Awards and Coins | Boing Boing

2 Likes

(insert why not both meme here)

2 Likes

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

Huh. They’ve also announced text formatting tools and longer posts, so you can do formatted, long-form posts. I guess it’s now going to simultaneously be Reddit and a blogging platform. Cool. He really has no clue, does he?

8 Likes

So Elon wants his fanboys to pay money to twitter for little awards they can use to kiss his ass? It might be one of his smarter ideas businesswise honestly.

5 Likes

Is this what he meant by stack velocity?

5 Likes

Your snark has cost you 5 twitcoins. Lose a total of ten twitcoins and you will be penalized a bitmusk.

14 Likes

The blue tick price increase will be a great example price elasticity of demand in future text books. Will the increased price bring in enough to offset the reduced demand?

2 Likes

He’s hoping he’ll find a sucker investor who still thinks Web3 is going great.

5 Likes

I just had a look at Twitter, and… it’s become a desert. No ads, but no new posts from people I used to follow. At best a bunch if boring stuff that doesn’t interest me.

Twitter is dead, it just hasn’t stopped twitching yet.

4 Likes

That’s from people retwitching.

Meanwhile, this makes me happy:

2 Likes

Nope, it was Twitter saying “Person X follows Person Y”, and since Person X was no longer active on Twitter it scraped the bottom to find anything to fill the algorithm.

It was a sign that Twitter had nothing left to offer me. And no reason any more to do anything, Twitter is simply dead.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.