If you're going to buy a Mighty Boosh-themed ugly Christmas sweater this year, this is the one

Originally published at: http://boingboing.net/2016/12/19/if-youre-going-to-buy-a-migh.html

1 Like

I’ve never understood the kitsch consumerist following that ugly Xmas sweaters have developed.

You’re not supposed to buy them; some well-intentioned old lady with terrible fashion sense is supposed to knit them for you as presents.

14 Likes

This was the first episode of The Mighty Boosh I ever saw, so you can imagine the effect it had on my brain.

The menacing cockney guy was on at least one other episode, propelling himself with a powerful urine stream. Or maybe I just imagined that.

9 Likes

We don’t all have a grammy that will do that for us. :frowning:

3 Likes

Neither do I; mine passed when I was 19, and thanks for the reminder.

3 Likes

Glorious but I think that’s a sweatshirt rather than a sweater

4 Likes

It’s a jumper, mate.

5 Likes

He came up a few times, actually; easily one of the best characters.

1 Like

It’s all by-the-by… I’ve got my jumper now…

1 Like

Mine passed knitting me a shitty sweater. :cry:

1 Like

No, you definitely did not imagine that.

1 Like

Next you’ll tell me I didn’t imagine Crack Fox.

2 Likes

Ooh, and it’s a “Limited Edition”…

(…limited to as many as they can sell, I’m thinking.)

4 Likes

4 Likes

I’m not sure if it’s still on the iOS app store, but The Mighty Boosh app is pretty funny

This looks like a SWEATSHIRT with a silkscreening. Maybe I’m wrong, but it sure looks that way. NOT AT ALL in the same category as legitimate snarky ugly Christmas sweaters, which are, you know, knit. sigh

4 Likes

U.K.? Don’t you folk consider any garment without buttons that you pulled over your head a jumper? By that logic, all sweaters and all sweatshirts are jumpers.
That’s like me saying ‘wellingtons’ and you replying “It’s a boot, mate.” Well of course it is a boot but more specifically it’s wellingtons.

What, not Old Gregg??

1 Like

They have some Old Gregg stuff, too. Pretty un-inspiring, saying “I’m Old Gregg”. Nothing about having a blindingly bright mangina. (It really is a weird show…)

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.