If you've ever wanted to play tag for a living, now you can

Originally published at: If you've ever wanted to play tag for a living, now you can | Boing Boing

2 Likes

This is more fun than I expected. Nice to see the culture of handshakes and hugs among the competitors.

4 Likes

If you think about it every zombie movie is basically a very high-stakes game of tag.

7 Likes

I would think enforcement would be difficult here. It’s difficult to detect a fleeting touch from an outside observation point, and it’s an easy thing to deny (either disingenuously or honestly not feeling it).

Seems like some sort of flag football-like mechanism or similar might be in order here. :thinking:

1 Like

There is a review system, if people disagree about a tag. Referees reviewing the footage in slow-mo. It’s not used much, because people generally seem to be honest about contact. I guess there would be a reputational cost to regularly falsely denying/claiming contact, magnified by the players all coming from the fairly small world of very high-level parkour enthusiasts.

2 Likes

Paint on the hands. (Might make some of the parkour moves a bit dangerous, though.) :wink:

2 Likes

I used to know a kid who would have been a pro at this. If there ever was a personification of greased lightning…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.