This is the sport of professional Tag

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/08/07/this-is-the-sport-of-professio.html

5 Likes

Intense! Also, any of these folks would catch my fat ass in less than 5 seconds.

6 Likes

meh. I prefer a real sport…

4 Likes

That looks like it could be painful if one made a false move.

7 Likes

Well that is best thing I have watched online today. These guys have some serious moves!

5 Likes

Gotta love the purity combined with pure athleticism.

4 Likes

Tag is a young person’s game. At my age the highlight reel would be us standing at opposite ends of the field glaring at each other.

That was fun though.

9 Likes

Immediately thought of this:

7 Likes

I used to belong to a league that played in flip-flops on a gravel schoolyard. Dogs were allowed onto the field, but getting tagged by one didn’t count.

3 Likes

Haha, you beat me to it! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Would be vastly improved by playing freeze tag rules and having more competitors.

2 Likes

I expected some info on Kabaddi, now I’m disappointed…

5 Likes

My head hurts from clanging it into those bars just watching the video

1 Like

Reminds me of

2 Likes

That is such a cool sport I’ve never heard of that I would expect to see in a Paul Verhoeven movie

2 Likes

with crocodile pits lining the boundaries of the playing field

1 Like

I had no real idea what was going on, but it had my full and complete attention!

I can see where a ‘center forward’ with slippery, skinny ankles and very long fingers would be an advantage.

Maybe I should have linked to this video right away:

What is only a side-note in the Wikipedia article and barely noticeable in the first video: The Raider has to say the word “Kabaddi” over and over again. He has to perform his strike within a single breath, and this way he shows that he is actually exhaling.
1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.