Illegal Lego builds

Too each their own. I am not a fan of legos. I have other cups of tea to drink.

1 Like
4 Likes

Uh, when did you get the one on the far left? It looks…weird.

1 Like

Real talk – any cyanoacrylate glue on LEGO is a really bad idea that can ruin the bricks and since it’s fast acting you have no runway if you make a mistake.

You’re better off brushing garden variety acetone or MEK if you’re fancy on the bricks to permanently attach them. They still act quickly but don’t ruin the surface of the bricks and give you a bit of wiggle room (you get minutes, not seconds).

4 Likes

Looks like the one I got back in… 1989ish. Except mine was grey. You had to order that separately. I remember actually ordering it, though I don’t recall from where.

It was wonderful, my brother and I each got one and we could have told you exactly where both of them where at any time. Now my kid has 5 of them and we can’t find any of them. But hey, I’ve got an excuse to play with legos again!

5 Likes

With the green version introduced in 1996, the orange in 2011, and the keychain in 2018.

5 Likes

Not my photo, I can’t take credit for it. That said, the one on the far left is what my kids and I have. As @GutRot mentions, it’s an older model of brick separator.

What I used to use to pry apart bricks was an orange peeling tool. Basically, a very narrow plastic knife. But that was old school.

3 Likes

A few years back, when my brother’s kid was finally old enough, I went up into the loft at my parents’ place and pulled down the couple of plastic boxes full of our old Lego that my mum had been storing against that very day.
The first time I put my hand in and raked it around, the sound it made just took me straight back to whenever I’d last done that exact same motion, maybe 15 years before. I still automatically looked in the corners for smaller pieces, without having to think about it. Pure nostalgia fuel.

6 Likes

My wife and were big into Lego as kids, so naturally she had to start them out young.

2 Likes

On the topic of illegal Lego:

http://sj.sjgames.com/PirateGame.html

Lego Pirate wargaming.

7 Likes

One of the earliest successful Kickstarter campaigns: http://mobileframezero.com/mfz/

1 Like

At our house, we have a little device we call “Mr. Thingy”.

1 Like

Cheezit! Da Lego Fuzz!

2 Likes

I am reliably* informed that, in the true version of this document, there’s a final slide after “Unusual, But Legal Builds”; titled “Absurd to Reason and Dangerous to Faith”, with the accompanying figures heavily redacted for the sake of the audience.

1 Like

I wanted to get some legos for The Infant, and of course all the pre-2-year sets of Lego are no longer in production (but yay, eBay). I decided on Quatro over Primo/Baby since Quatro is compatible with The System.

I hear yeah. The Primo really act more like an advanced stacker system, they don’t interlock. It was/is great for our 1 year old. The older son moved from the Primo to Duplo at about 2 years old. Now he’s 5 and is wanting sets aged 9+…$$$

I’m glad I still have all my old legos – probably close to 10 cubic feet worth. My idea is to leave them all in a conspicuously locked trunk in his room and wait for him to ask about it. Then give him a set of lockpicks.

1 Like

I think is see a lotta laaawwwwbreakers in here.

You’re allowed to of course.

Also:

http://www.irregularwebcomic.net/3667.html