Illinois Democratic Party Chair is funding mailers smearing progressive Democrats with ridiculous lies

Actually, Madigan is still Speaker of the Illinois House of Representatives. With the exception of 1995-1997, he’s been Speaker since 1983. His 22nd district is mostly Hispanic and includes Midway Airport. He is also Chairman of the 13th Ward Democratic Party organization. (If that doesn’t make him part of Chicago, I don’t know what does.) His daughter, Lisa Madigan, has been Illinois Attorney General since 2003.

2 Likes

Our Revolution endorsed the nutbar Fox News contributor Dennis Kucinich (he’s defended Trump from the ‘Deep State’ and opposed calls for his impeachment ) over former CFPB head Richard Cordray. I’d say that makes their judgment pretty suspect.

2 Likes

I only contribute to specific candidates who show the character I admire; saves me a lot of $$$

I stopped believing in the Democratic party a long time ago, and the Republicans are trash too. The whole system is a shit show.

1 Like

Kucinich was my mayor for a while, and I’m fond of him, though I agree that his judgment has not always been the best. I assume that endorsement was a bit of a reward for past lives.

2 Likes

I’m just going to say that for news about Dem infighting, I prefer to read the Daily Kos and trust their judgement about which candidate to support. The organisation Markos Moulitsas Zúniga built up there is both pragmatic and progressive, and doesn’t shy away from being called shrill.

Yes, I am Saint Fnordius there as well.

1 Like

Or how about not propping up the 2 party falsehood and stop running as a fucking Democrat?
All the corporate Democrats care about is their owners… I mean donors.
BTW you can hold all your “it’s common knowledge a 3rd party can’t win” comments. It’s a self fulfilling mantra meant to keep the 2 party falsehood in ascendancy.

Our Revolution is only two years old,so it hasn’t directly gotten any service from Kucinich. The group is also a spin-off of the Bernie Sanders campaign, and overlooking a candidate’s flaws and endorsing them because of past service is something I seem to recall they claimed to hate about establishment Dems in 2016.

Doesn’t mean it is comprised of two-year-olds.

Last thing I want to do is defend this organization, and Dennis wasn’t the best mayor in the world, but it is not unreasonable for an organization that styles itself as a defender of the left to endorse an icon of the left, even if some of the members are being a little hypocritical in doing so.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.