Illinois judge fired for misconduct after circumventing law to reverse rape conviction

Here in Illinois, we were bombarded with Bailey’s ads everwhere. His backers dumped untold millions into his campaign. His campaign had nothing to go on either - for those of you outside of the state, do you recall hearing about the congresscritter in Illinois who sued to get the mask restriction lifted in the middle of the worst outbreak of COVID? That was Bailey. His entire campaign here was basically “Pritzker is fat. Chicago is bad. I’m a farmer,” followed by 10-20 seconds of video of corn fields. Over and over and over.

7 Likes

Yeah, but the judge suggesting (or maybe “just asking questions™”) that she had alcohol poisoning without being drunk is a new one for me.

Pointing out that she chose to go swimming at a party, and chose to go the party at all, and of course drink, is typical rape-culture horrorshow. Suggesting we can’t know if she was drunk because there wasn’t a test done at the time she was raped basically removes the inability to consent due to incapacitation from all prosecutor’s toolkits.

What’s next? “There is no way to know for sure if she was passed out. Maybe she was just resting her eyes.” :rage:

5 Likes

The age of consent in Illinois is 17. It shouldn’t matter what the girl had or didn’t have to drink, whether she took off her clothes, or anything else. It was statutory rape. Period.

6 Likes

No. Statutory rape is where she is conscious and involved but under the age of consent.

This is child molestation and the forcible rape of a minor by a legal adult.

6 Likes

If heaven is full of nothing but Christians, I certainly don’t want to go there! (And, apparently, won’t.) :wink:

1 Like

“There is no way to know for sure if she was dead. Maybe she had just paused breathing for a while.”

2 Likes

Why not both?

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.