Judge Sanctions Alan Dershowitz for "recklessly" filing "false, misleading, and unsupported" claims in Kari Lake's election lawsuit

Originally published at: Judge Sanctions Alan Dershowitz for "recklessly" filing "false, misleading, and unsupported" claims in Kari Lake's election lawsuit | Boing Boing

17 Likes

57 Likes

Even better: in the 15 minute recess before the ruling was issued, the plaintiffs tried to move a similar case to a federal court that doesn’t exist.

I originally saw this in a Daily Kos thread on the topic:
https://m.dailykos.com/comments/2139528/85089819#comment_85089819

ETA: @rob_dobbs did the homework I didn’t, and let me know it is a different case, so language above is adjusted, accordingly. Change in bold.

18 Likes

In the spirit of football/soccer/world-cup there should be a ‘red card’ (law license suspension) issued after N “judge sanctions”/‘yellow cards’. For preference N≤3. (who determines the rules surrounding law license suspensions anyway? “Well, it’s lawyers, in’t it?”)

20 Likes

The gulf between the respect Dersh used to carry in the legal world and the sad, pathetic, water-carrier he is now is just staggering. Trump must have some Putin-grade photos of him somewhere.

27 Likes

19 Likes

So, is there some reason that all these lawyers have filed these election challenge cases in the wrong courts? I remember a lot of that happening with Trump. It’s like they forgot how to practice law.

25 Likes

I often wonder about intentional self sabotage.

23 Likes

My guess would be trying to get a judge they think is sympathetic to or a member of their cult (because they were appointed by Trump perhaps.)

20 Likes

“If the facts are against you, argue the law. If the law is against you, argue the facts. If the law and the facts are against you, pound the table and yell like hell”
― Carl Sandburg

23 Likes

Four Seasons Total Supreme Court?

37 Likes

Poor Dershowitz. Those Martha’s Vineyard invites keep receding in the distance…

15 Likes

Every one of these is a payday for Al and he doesn’t end up suffering much for them. He doesn’t need to be coerced.

6 Likes

Which reminds me: remember Thanksgiving in 2000? After the presidential election? And the joke that kept coming up at the dinner table was “Sore-Loserman?”

Yeah, that sure was funny.

<s /> Who’s your “sore-loserman” now?

11 Likes

The Pizza Hut Supreme Court (now with extra paparazzi?)

7 Likes

Since he’s persona non grata in Martha’s Vineyard; he should summer in Phoenix going forward.

9 Likes

Is it, though? As far as I’m aware he’s always been like this. It seems more like his influence has waned so people aren’t as afraid of him, hence the lack of consequences, but in a just world he’d have picked up a lot more sanctions for his previous behavior. Especially in things like his work on the Epstein case, where he appears to have hired people to pretend to be cops in order to interrogate and intimidate potential witnesses against his pedo boss.

6 Likes

Different lawsuit than Kari Lake’s, but good stuff. (These stupid cases get confusing.) What’s just as pathetic as trying to remove to the Eastern District of Arizona is that he has absolutely no basis for federal question jurisdiction (about as much as Trump in the Florida case). It’s unclear whether he actually is aware of that fact. It’s also odd that he thinks he’d get better treatment from a federal judge (see Kari Lake case).

11 Likes

Especially at his advanced age.

sand dust GIF by Justin Timberlake

6 Likes

It seem like him and Rudi Guillani are having a contest to see who can squander all the respect they’ve built up. Rudi is winning, but this guy Dershowitz isn’t far behind.

5 Likes