Arizona courts tire of Kari Lake trying to overturn election

Originally published at: Arizona courts tire of Kari Lake trying to overturn election | Boing Boing

11 Likes

“Your Honour, we have no evidence for our claims and are all out of ideas.”

21 Likes

Conservatives: Fuck your feelings!

Also conservatives: I feel that I won this election, and that’s all the evidence I need.

25 Likes

I know it’d never happen, but if the supporters watched 5 minutes of these moron’s court appearances and saw that in court they go from blowhards to mild simpletons with barely strung together sentences, I bet they’d look elsewhere for their shining pillars to worship.

9 Likes

They would likely believe that it’s a libural conspiracy to make their heroes look bad…

15 Likes

Well, reality does have a well documented, notoriously liberal bias…

11 Likes

True, which explains why they constantly rail against it…

10 Likes

It’s the Conan Doyle trap.

Once you eliminate the impossible, whatever remains, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.
– Arthur Conan Doyle

What it’s missing is that if your improbable solution becomes a complex monster, you should go back and re-check your assumptions of what’s impossible.

To the MAGAnites, “Trump lost” is impossible, nailed in place and it can’t be questioned or examined in any way. Any answer that explains this, no matter how improbable, must be the truth.

Bigfoot and Elvis stole the election with Nazi flying saucers from Atlantis? Aha!

8 Likes

Don’t worry, it’s not over, she’s still going to be governor.

Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 09-59-54 Kari Lake (@KariLake) _ Twitter

Screenshot 2023-02-17 at 10-00-14 Kari Lake (@KariLake) _ Twitter

2 Likes

Nope. Cognitive dissonance is a helluva drug.

8 Likes

Mostly, if not exclusively, by crook[s].

Won’t keep her from taking it all the way to the SCOTUS.

Lord Dampnut weaponized what the christofascists have been screeching for years:
“No result other than victory is conceiveable; rule by anyone other than us is acceptable, and is to be resisted by all means necessary.”

5 Likes

Nice dog whistle, using an image of a notorious anti-Semite as her “patriot”.

9 Likes

“We’re going to take this all the way to the highest court” is a tacit admission that you don’t really think your case is strong enough to sway any of the lower courts.

6 Likes

I suspect she is just trying to stay in the headlines long enough to get named as a running mate for tfg.

5 Likes

That and use this opportunity to grift the credulous for more money…

7 Likes

Seems to be the case but we all knew that. And most of the money is not being spent on the law suits, but we all knew that as well.

4 Likes

That look of sheer uncomprehending stupidity really says it all.

5 Likes

I was disappointed in the story - the judge simply threw the case out.

The “courts tire” thing had me hoping for a judge saying “and never darken our judicial doors again, you are barred from bringing any more suits of this ilk before us again, full stop.”

8 Likes

The vexatious litigant route

1 Like

Whatever keeps the donations flowing in. I suspect they don’t care about the merits in the slightest. (see Fox News emails)

1 Like