Kari Lake threatens to burn down Maricopa County in desperate bid to overturn election

Originally published at: Kari Lake threatens to burn down Maricopa County in desperate bid to overturn election | Boing Boing

6 Likes

“quaaludes and a triple espresso” is so freaking SPOT ON!! also, this sounds like a terroristic threat to me. Lock her up!

31 Likes

As the failed fascist candidate faded into irrelevance, all that was left for Lake to do was to ask herself “what can I say that will make me sound like The Joker?”

20 Likes

Wierd, Marge and Boebert are claim victory over the one ruling that kind of went her way.

Did she all of a sudden figure out it wasn’t the victory she thought it was?

10 Likes

She’s got nothing left but fumes, and she knows. What remains of her case is the weakest point she had, one that can’t be proved or disproved (were absentee ballot signatures properly checked) and won’t overturn the election. What the court said was “you overruled this one for improper reasons,” and sent it back down, now the lower court will simply find a proper reason to deny the case. She’ll appeal - again - to the Supreme Court, they’ll slap her down, and it’s all done.

It’s fucking Republicans running this county, too! Maricopa election officials are steamed about this bullshit she’s pulling.

19 Likes

This is the county that kept re-electing Sheriff Joe Arpaio even after his misconduct started costing them millions in civil rights violations settlements just because the voters were such huge fans of wanton cruelty and racist profiling.

If you’re too fascist to make it in Maricopa County then you deserve some kind of special anti-award.

41 Likes

We did finally get rid of the idiot in 2016 and put someone more reasonable in place, thankfully, probably because it finally got through that the civil rights violations had cost taxpayers millions, and the bulk of the conservatives here are the older school ‘financially conservative’ style as opposed to whatever bullshit the GQP is currently handing out.

19 Likes

Here’s a much better idea: let’s park a buncha Hyundai & Kia SUVs in scary lake’s house.

6 Likes

What’s Lake got against small businesses?

11 Likes

Can a County get a restraining order? Asking for a friend.

12 Likes

Now I’m genuinely curious what she really wants more than simply being governor, because she appears to be heavily invested in this cause. :thinking:

11 Likes

Damn…The house of cards fandom is out of control.

11 Likes

Another Maricopa county resident here.

I agree with what you say about the conservatives being mainly focused on financial issues. Also, the country demographics have been changing.

9 Likes

Remember the days when writers were told they had to give their antagonists realistic motives?

“You can’t just have them scream they’re going to burn Maricopa County to the ground. That only happens with comic book supervillains. Real people don’t talk that way!”

Then Trump happened, and 30 million Republicans overdosed on Supervillain Juice.

12 Likes

The UK series, starring Ian Richardson as a terrifyingly cold and calculating Francis Urquhart, is sheer genius. It’s almost as intense as Tinker, Tailor and Smiley’s People.

ETA: Mr Richardson also lent himself to Tinker, Tailor.

6 Likes

8 Likes

I actually shuddered! Horresco referens!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.