Defamation lawsuit against Arizona loser Kari Lake advances

Originally published at: Defamation lawsuit against Arizona loser Kari Lake advances - Boing Boing

12 Likes

I hope the new year sees her and other fascist scum joining Giuiliani and Jones in the barrel-and-suspenders club.

29 Likes

Plotting The Simpsons GIF

16 Likes

trump-loser
a looser (loose screws)

12 Likes

Waiting for the claiming that, as governor, she has executive impunity.

12 Likes

Kari should join forces with the Romana Didulo and tour as “The Queens Of Denial”.

9 Likes

Stephen is a true Republican, a dedicated civil servant, and a very nice person. What these people did to him was awful. He stood up for our democracy and exposed himself and his family to heaping national disapprobation from election denying lunatics.

I suspect the campaign contributions I have made to his reelection campaign will be the only contributions I make to a Republican in my entire life.

5 Likes

Funny how every time they’re sued for defamation, they double down on their claims and insist they have the evidence to prove they’re right, such as Giuliani did shortly before he was sued again for defamation.

So, okay, if they have the evidence … where is it? All the “evidence” they’ve already provided has been found to be insufficient as a matter of law. It’s consisted mostly of speculation (such as in declarations filed by people who stated they saw boxes being unloaded from trucks, and then went on to state those boxes, which they admit they didn’t see the contents of, must have been filled with fake ballots for Biden), unqualified “experts” who offered flawed analyses (such as the people who claimed to have evidence of ballot “mules,” when in fact all they had evidence of was people in the proximity of a ballot drop-off location), a misunderstanding of voting records and election administration in general, and selectively edited surveillance video.

Even the vaunted “Cyber Ninjas” investigation, which wasted Arizona taxpayers’ money, found no evidence of widespread fraud, and what they did find was explained by Maricopa County (because, you’ll recall, Cyber Ninjas had absolutely no experience whatsoever with election auditing, so they not only didn’t know what they were doing, they didn’t even know what they were looking for).

One can only hope that, in this light, at least the non-MAGA-addled “independent voters” have the wherewithal to realize the fraud claims are, and always have been, a lie.

7 Likes

Unclear what most of the money was spent on.

6 Likes

If not that, surely there’s a get-out in the Constitution for people formerly employed to read autocues on local television evening news?

1 Like

moving into the “Find Out” phase of things…

4 Likes

With all due respect to the joke, I’d rather not. At least not without a barf bag handy. /rimshot

2 Likes

Let’s see how well the Costanza defense holds up in court.
Firefox_Screenshot_2023-12-28T01-01-46.289Z

5 Likes

Lock her up

3 Likes

I’ll settle for the twinset of “punitive amounts of fine” and “you are barred from talking about this ever again on pain of jail time for contempt of court.” Preferably both at the same time, so that she can’t pull a Rudy and immediately continue to defame the people after receiving the punitive amounts of fine.

6 Likes

Then she could get sued again. And again. And again…

1 Like

I wish these were criminal complaints instead of civil. Monetary judgments don’t seem to make any difference in the behavior of the other high profile scumbags that have recently lost their defamation cases. Maybe some prison time would help modify their future behavior.

2 Likes

Considering these accusations lead to credible death threats, it’d be nice if they could at least float the charge of attempted murder for these sorts of lies. I know, legally, they can’t, but morally, that’s what I think Lake, Giuliani, Trump et al are doing.

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.