Libertarian Party Supreme Court shortlist includes Alan Dershowitz

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/09/25/libertarian-party-supreme-court-shortlist-includes-alan-dershowitz.html

3 Likes

atari-fuck

If I needed more evidence that the Libertarian party is entirely irrelevant…

20 Likes

And the QAnon folks will link Trump via Dershowitz to the overall conspiracy theory of evil, child-trafficking satanists in…10, 9, 8, 7… never.

8 Likes

Ahh yes, Alan Derpyshitz

6 Likes

The FAAP has Zendaya on its short list. It’s a party I made up and yet still just as relevant.

6 Likes

The bottom of Jorgensen’s page now shows:
This release was updated on September 24, 2020 to remove Alan Dershowitz from the above list.

3 Likes

I mean, good, but why even have that shit stain on the list. Even without the connections with Epstein and the allegation of rape, he’s a rather obviously partisan figure.

7 Likes

Yeah, how well does it reflect on the Jorgensen campaign that they didn’t even know how toxic the Dersh is until called out?!

2 Likes

“Freedom for me but not for thee.” Seems to be a common refrain among “Libertarians”.

13 Likes

The only thing that recommends Dershowitz for the court is that he’s 82.

5 Likes

It’s Dershowitz’s use of litigation to silence and intimidate people that—all else aside—marks him as an inappropriate libertarian pick for the highest court.

Obligatory Kim Stanley Robinson quote:

That’s libertarians for you — anarchists who want police protection from their slaves.

13 Likes

“Libertarian Party Supreme Court”

There’s the joke.

5 Likes

These are the people who think driving licenses are evidence of government overreach?

4 Likes

Yes, surely there should be multiple supreme courts, which can compete for cases in the open market?

12 Likes

To quote Thom Hartmann, “Libertarians are just Republicans who want to smoke dope and get laid.”

10 Likes

My short list of people I would like to see on the SCOTUS is just one. Get rid of all the others, and just have George Washington decide the cases.

Specifically, the $0.25 piece. The lawyers call heads or tails while he’s still spinning in the air (and not his grave which is more likely) then the case is decided when he hits the ground.

This probably would have resulted in better outcomes for most (not all) of the cases in the past few years, and it will most certainly result in better outcomes if McConnell and his jack-hole party are able to shoe-horn in some other ignorant justice.

4 Likes

“Ignoring a candidate’s problematic history despite decades of well-documented evidence” is also how so many Libertarians came to support Ron Paul’s candidacy for President even though he published batshit crazy White Supremacist newsletters for decades.

12 Likes

Odd that the Libertarians would go for the guy with ties to raping children. That’s a completely unforeseen stance.

1 Like

Having a son called Rand was enough to seal the deal.

3 Likes

Yeah, who would have thought that the party with members who consider age-of-consent laws to be government overreach might do something like this?

3 Likes