Libertarian Party Supreme Court shortlist includes Alan Dershowitz

Republicans will install their cronies into the US mint in order to influence the outcome of cases with weighted quarters.

4 Likes

It doesn’t. But it also indicates that they are in agreement with his politics generally speaking, though, which does not surprise me about the modern Libertarian party.

But he’s for FREEDUMS… just like RAND! /s

5 Likes

Butt they’ll just replace the backside with Robert E. Lee. Because both sides, etc.

1 Like

Hmmm…if the Libertarian Party keeps this up, it’s going to run the risk that people might begin to think about not taking it seriously as a national political and ideological leader.

4 Likes

Some problems aren’t solved by calling them problematic. They’re solved by requiring proof beyond a reasonable doubt.

(The Kavanaugh hearings established the principle that the standards for appointment match those of acquittal, so perhaps the slogan “innocent until proven guilty” would appeal to some one out there.)

I actually think Dershowitz would make the perfect supreme court nominee.

Politically, he’s lately been allied with Trump (I think out of necessity), but he has some history of liberal positions. Certainly moreso than Trump’s nominee.

More importantly, he gives a strong impression that he wouldn’t be long for any “lifetime” appointment.

Holy shit, crazy timing. I promise I had nothing to do with this.

6 Likes

He has evinced some hostility to “leftist” positions, and what you might call liberal, he might call leftist.

1 Like

Look just because Hitler lost WW2 doesn’t mean his side doesn’t deserve monuments for his contributions.

(I keep re-reading it, and I am not certain my sarcastic hyperbole would be received as irony or paint me as a nazi sympathize. I guess society is slipping off into the deep end if we can’t make fun of war losers)

1 Like

Feature, not bug.

6 Likes

No Kanye? How about the guy who turned himself blue? How do they expect to maintain relevance with a list like this?

Sigh. Would that we had a media that just ignored all these people until they went away.

3 Likes

Their entire platform is “Might makes right” and “What’s mine is mine and what’s yours is mine too”

6 Likes

Ah, Libertarianism. The political philosophy for the white supremacists who aren’t all that into Jesus.

6 Likes
4 Likes
5 Likes

Obligatory…

5 Likes

Douchebags gonna douchebag. That is all

Can’t have that! Then people might throw their protest votes at a party that wants real change.

Do… Do you mean Zaz?

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.