Imaginary pitch meeting for the final season of Game of Thrones

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/05/23/imaginary-pitch-meeting-for-th.html

4 Likes

I watched this on reddit before…really does illustrate what the issues are.

7 Likes

LOL

Spot on!

8 Likes

4 Likes

LOL I hadn’t thought of the fact that Bran could tell Arya what was West of Westeros! :smile:

Sic brother sister burn. Bran the Prankster.

12 Likes

Truly this wound will linger as we search for meaning in these uncertain times.

4 Likes

Thanks! I’ve been wanting to get a season 8 synopsis. That did the trick.

8 Likes

This was good enough to lead me to watch a few other Pitches. A nice conceit, though not quite as good as Honest Trailers. I’ll take this opportunity to plug one of my favorite movie reviews ever.

6 Likes

That’s very funny. Also, nothing new, but those movies are terrible.

I’m amused that they imply it’s 100% the showrunners’ fault, like HBO didn’t dictate the full season budget to them, making things like fewer episodes and night- time battles necessary.

Make no mistake: HBO could have given them enough budget to do the 13 or so episode epic war this season (and last) needed. They decided not to, despite this being the most successful property they’ve ever had. And the results speak for themselves.

Although, starting the battle against the Night King with a cavalry charge was just stupid. The only reason to start a battle by charging foot soldiers with cavalry is if you really hate horses.

3 Likes

HBO practically begged the showrunners to do at least 10 episodes but they refused and stuck to their 6 episode script. Money was not the issue.

14 Likes

Rob went on to do the rest of the Transformers movies after he moved on to i09. They’re all great.

This was pretty good till the slut shaming pulled me out of the article. Does make me glad I haven’t seen a bay film sice Armageddon.

Yeah right, the Sharpe novels were written ages ago and it’s not like they’re hard to get into.

1 Like

Did anyone notice the Dunkin Donuts cup in that gif ?

“production values”

2 Likes

wait seriously. They had the opportunity to have more episodes and actually tie it up and they didn’t?

Yuuup. Benihoff and Weiss even copped to it in an interview.

3 Likes

Thank you.

You know, they were in a rush to be on time to get on the new star wars movie script. I mean, it’s a good reason to drop and rush the end of the most successful tv show of all time…

2 Likes

Yeah. why wouldn’t HBO want to add four more episodes? That’s a solid month of extra subscribers that can leave the service. They have something like 3.5 million+ to their solo online product which, at $15 a pop, comes out to $50 million from just that leg of their business.

3 Likes