"Imagine the worst, most foul thing you have ever smelled" - protestors sprayed with crowd-control chemical report severe symptoms

Well that smells like bullshit.

12 Likes

Cruelty is the point.

12 Likes

Sounds like surströmming! Surströmming - Wikipedia

Not saying it is actually Skunk, but “only available to police” doesn’t exactly rule it out in this case.
ACAB, and there’s a known problem with extreme right militia-types among their ranks - and those same guys are often very Pro-Israel.
So if it is Skunk my prime suspects would be off-duty cops doing a little extra-curricular assholery.

10 Likes

That sounds like the delivery agents, not what is actually making the smell?

Which would beg the question of the ethics of allowing police to use it.

But, in this case at least, it sounds like it was counter protestors blended into the crowd who used it?

1 Like

@Mitchell just above you postulates the so-called counter-protesters might have been off-duty police. I agree with the assessment that it’s likely these so-called counter-protesters are cops, where I disagree is that they probably were on duty.

8 Likes

I think both are plausible!

If it was off duty cops maybe maybe they will face repercussions.

It could have been campus cops on duty, in which case the college needs to seriously look at their policing…

3 Likes

Witnesses seemed to think it was being sprayed by a couple of individuals holding small white objects. So it seems plausible that it could have been an especially potent stink spray in a little white spray bottle. You can get that stuff on Amazon under different product names like “Liquid Ass,” and I would not be surprised if some people’s skin is sensitive to it even if it’s labeled as being non-toxic.

4 Likes

Not to be too pessimistic here, but Columbia is in NYC. NYPD have not received a whole lot of repercussions for any of their past illegal behavior,

10 Likes

I think you’re being a realist. That’s why I used TWO maybes. :wink:

3 Likes

That’s the official motto of the Gaza Strip. It works for everyone!

3 Likes

Does this mean it’s only available to state/fed government agencies?

Yeah, there is that, but it sounds more like these were just some zionist randos with some sort of smelly spray, rather than cops - they were just so utterly incompetent about how they went about doing it and… oh shit, it probably is cops, isn’t it?

3 Likes

Never forget Officer Pike and the other UC Davis campus police who used “Bear Spray” on peaceful student protestors.

I’m sorry to say that if the perpetrators here were on duty officers, the college’s policing is probably working exactly as intended. :cry:

8 Likes

But that’s the most efficient way of crowd control there is - prevent crowds to build at all.
There is method to the madness meanness.

2 Likes

Not if you, you know, “know a guy” and/or have deep pockets.

2 Likes

Protest fashion for 2024…

4 Likes

b1b68813-9694-48c1-9179-a8de8d7b6d33_text

1 Like

Fun fact, aerosolized chemical agents (this skunk thing, pepper spray, tear gas, etc) are disallowed by the Geneva convention!

3 Likes

Eau de Trump, shall we call it?

1 Like