School bus evacuated due to overwhelming stench of Axe body spray

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/12/11/school-bus-evacuated-due-to-ov.html

11 Likes

Shades of 1984…

19 Likes

Roger that!

15 Likes

Proof once again that school bus drivers whose passengers include middle school students deserve hazard pay.

31 Likes

Is there such a thing as just enough Axe?

35 Likes

My friends and I once took my 14-year-old nephew on a trip, and when we walked into the room one morning, the Axe stench was so intense my eyes were watering and we all started coughing. He explained that the best way to apply Axe was to spray it in the air to create a heavy cloud and then walk through it. His Axe applications were relegated to the balcony for the rest of the trip.

32 Likes

looks like someone found a way to postpone taking that math test.

12 Likes

Is this actually on the bottle? If so it is the most ingenious instruction for selling more product since someone added “repeat” to the shampoo instructions.

22 Likes

And 1989

18 Likes

No fatalities? Good, but how close were they to catching an Axe murderer?

22 Likes

Looks like that party took a turn… for the douche.

4 Likes

Don’t forget the

11 Likes

Oh hey now…don’t be dissing on the Drakkar. I probably still have a bottle tucked away in my parent’s storage room somewhere.

That stuff has pheromones!

9 Likes

More like panty Drakkar, amiright?

2 Likes

Dammit, you beat me to it.

Fuckin’ Drakkar; In 7th grade it seemed like every male within 50 miles of me was wearing that scent, and it did NOT work well for everyone…

14 Likes

14 Likes

reminds me of this onion headline (I incorrectly thought it was about Axe) https://local.theonion.com/massive-tag-body-spray-slick-spreading-from-jersey-shor-1819568700

6 Likes

I take issue with calling this product a deodorant. Isn’t it more accurately described as an oderant?

23 Likes

A 30C dilution, applied with soap, has been shown to be effectual with the target demographic that the full-strength spray repels. This is apparently the only known case of homeopathy actually working.

13 Likes

I seriously am concerned about anyone who buys that stuff and is not turned off by their advertising campaign (which is sadly a lot of people). Instead of a so called “pink tax” on products for women I think the PnG and J&J are missing out on a real cash cow “masculine insecurity” those products should have their prices jacked up it’s those dudes who have the money anyhow.

4 Likes