School bus evacuated due to overwhelming stench of Axe body spray

I think Ford, Ram, and GM already have the masculine insecurity market cornered.

13 Likes

So am I the only only one who never wears cologne? I have two bottles of the stuff, one that I have literally had since high school. I just don’t see the point, honestly.

I smell like deodorant and hair stuff and that’s it for artificial.

9 Likes

If homeopathy worked, then it would get stronger with more dilutions.

4 Likes

If the desired effect of Axe is to enchant teenage girls, then it does.

5 Likes

Don’t leave Ferrari and Lamborghini out! We have an international audience, here.

9 Likes

My junior high go-to fragrance:

10 Likes

It’s amazing that anyone was able to successfully market a fragrance that smells worse than the baseline scent generated by a busload of Middle School kids.

20 Likes

Sounds like my sophomore year of high school in 2006-2007. Axe spray specifically was banned in my high school because some boys would just douse themselves in this stuff (entire cans at once) in hallways. It was absolutely cloying at times before the ban.

6 Likes

Ditch it. I have a bottle of Kouros from 1994 or so; I opened it this morning out of curiosity and now it more closely resembles something like this:

6 Likes

13 Likes

Nope, we don’t allow cologne/perfume at our office out of respect for those who have respiratory sensitivities. And olfactory senses.

16 Likes

Companies have been unsuccessfully trying to find a scent that attracts women and makes them crazy for many years…

…when they tell women what really works is something basic, like vanilla. If they develop Nutella® spray, watch out! :wink:

10 Likes

Just cause Bruce Campbell…

12 Likes

Well, in Drakkar’s defense, they printed it right there on the bottle: “toilet water”.

9 Likes

I wear Old Spice so I can smell like Bruce Campbell…

:wink:

4 Likes

To smell like Bruce Campbell, wouldn’t you need to be covered in deadite blood?

ash-v-evil-ash-shoot-first

Also… not Bruce but Ted, this is hilarious:

ash-v-evil-chet-heart

9 Likes

I’ve had a bottle of Cool Water collecting dust for about 20 years. I’ve used a tiny fingertip’s worth of it maybe a handful of times.
That stuff is too damn strong for my taste.

The still for that first video looks like the character Michael Westen from Burn Notice in “nerdy guy” disguise!

2 Likes

Years ago, I read about a study that was undertaken to find out what scents turned men on the most. The one that the most men in the study found sexiest was cinnamon.

I guess I can see it, if only for the association with delicious sweet baked goods. I wonder if men would find it sexy if they’d never smelled or tasted cinnamon before?

(Any guys here want to confess whether you find the smell of cinnamon to be a turn-on? That’s not going beyond the family-friendly requirement in the Community Guidelines, is it?)

5 Likes

Imagine a couple on a date where one person says, “You smell like food. I like food…” :drooling_face:

I never considered that guys might be unfamiliar with vanilla or cinnamon, though. Dammit, back to the spice rack!

7 Likes