Impossible Burger totally possible according to the FDA

It is an empty vessel./s

Cue horror movie about lab grown meat being possessed by ghosts or demons.

3 Likes

Roger That! [sad]

1 Like

I like bacon. I just don’t need it on every single plate and dish I have.

I actually make bourbon bacon brown sugar ice cream at home which is pretty awesome stuff.

3 Likes

The Meat Candy God smiles down on you.

5 Likes

crazy zealot…

2 Likes

Oh, thats what the MCG [Meat Candy God ] looks like.

2 Likes

I kinda wish that whole “it bleeds!” thing hadn’t become its marketing hook (or at least its soundbite). They don’t bleed or have fake plant blood in them. They’re made with heme, which is a protein that carries iron. The upshot is that it makes soy protein cook more like muscle protein.

2 Likes

I don’t want thebacon in my burgers, thank you.

2 Likes

And they have a lot less plastic in them. So big plus there.

I took my vegetarian daughter to Grindhouse Killer Burgers in Atlanta back last December. We both enjoyed their Impossible Burger burgers. I honestly would never have been able to tell it wasn’t beef had I not known it.

1 Like

I do not get the fascination with soy in everything. For health reasons, I was advised to avoid eating it, only to find it is an ingredient in so many foods that it was ridiculous.

3 Likes

Is it just me, or did they miss an opportunity here by not calling it the “Impossi-Burger*”?

*™. Dibs.

1 Like

exactly. it’s not that we vegetarians want our burgers to emulate meat, it’s that meat eaters need it to get them to try it in the first place. i’ve been excited about the Impossible Burger ever since i first heard about it, and there is a restaurant near me that has them, but i’ve tried twice to order one and both times they were sold out
: (

someday, someday…

1 Like

as my husband says, “it’s america’s favorite condiment!”

2 Likes

Today I ate, for the first time, something billed as “The Impossible Burger” for lunch. But the burger I got was dry, mealy, crispy, homogeneous, and relatively free of flavor, very much in contrast to the opinions I’ve read (here and elsewhere) about TIB. It was also considerably less expensive ($12 with a side) than what I’m reading about here, and the place I ate isn’t listed on TIB’s website map.

So I suspect that my TIB may have been fraudulent. A possibility for the curious to be aware of.

Can this really be called “lab-grown” though? Maybe I’m splitting hairs, but this is a plant-based product, not cow cells being grown in a vat (which is a different and more-unsettling project).

1 Like

oh well it has a substance called ‘heme’ baked into it. That’s awesome. So we needn’t bother with the FDA or science. Because ‘vested interests’ ‘deep state’ car fueled by water…

And if this new tick-borne meat allergy keeps spreading, many heretofore carnivores may have to make the shift.

The terrifying substance you mention is just a soy protein (isolated by… wait for it… science). And heme is the exact ingredient that’s been declared Generally Regarded As Safe by the FDA.

1 Like

Yey! Even more unsustainable soy farming and processed food so that people who don’t want to eat meat can play at eating meat! :3

1 Like