Improve your PC's performance with this top-rated software

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2019/03/09/improve-your-pcs-performance.html

Clean my PC?! Someone please develop software called “Clean my House”, am I right people?

6 Likes

This kind of software is bullshit shovelware, and it’s really gross that Boing Boing is endorsing it

9 Likes

Be careful not to accidentally get mycleanPC which is a pure scam.

5 Likes

In my experience this kind of software normally causes more problems then it fixes. I’ve had to sort out a lot of friends pc’s over the years due to software like this messing up their registry or deleting critical system files.

5 Likes

Ehhhhh no. CCleaner is free. If you think you have something nasty, MalwareBytes should get rid of it.

4 Likes

Combofix always did a great job of cleanup as well. Dunno how modern versions of CF and MBAM stack up against each other though.

Fixed that link for you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks, I edited it.

Tho the first one will work for an especially bad PC.

1 Like

I’m still looking for the wonder software that will speed up by PC by downgrading to Win7.

2 Likes

Is it perhaps OpenBSD with WINE or the Win7 flavored Qubes? What kind of things are attached to the PC’s rainbow string belt that need baking on the regular? Like, Psion7s?

Welcome to BB.

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.