In 'Nature Planet,' Kevin James spoofs overwrought documentaries

Originally published at: https://boingboing.net/2020/10/13/in-nature-planet-kevin-james-spoofs-overwrought-documentaries.html

4 Likes

Just to be clear, Adam Sandler is parodying the film genre, but Kevin James is just making fun of the animals. :frowning:

4 Likes

I’m confused… usually a ‘spoof’ has jokes… did I just miss them?

3 Likes

Too many other people have actually done this well.

1 Like

Yeah, Ze Frank wipes the floor with this. Actual information about real animals and utterly hilarious.

3 Likes

haha, take that, nature! You’ve been too respected for too long, time to take a seat! Psh, always playing the victim, wah, wah, my species are going extinct, my rainforests are disappearing wah, wah. Punching down!

3 Likes

Do they make good pets? This might be just what I need to round out my mixed magical flock. My tiny giraffe needs a playmate.

1 Like

:-1: :-1: Some ideas should stay that way. Just ideas.

1 Like

3 Likes

<Sigh!> It’s Adam Sandler’s work, so of course. He’s seldom as funny as he thinks he is.

1 Like

Can’t believe I’ve been missing out on his whole series of the Sound Guy. These are awesome.

1 Like

A fitting application of Kevin James’ comedic talent.

This could have been a lot funnier.

I really enjoyed Cracked’s take on this from several years ago with their wildly funny “Marvels of the Science” series on YouTube.

1 Like

I’m not a Sandler fan, but he was excellent in Paul Anderson’s Punch-Drunk Love.

1 Like

May I recommend to commenters wanting a funnier nature documentary, look for Stephen Fry in “shagged by a rare parrot” (the show was called “Last Chance to See”). One of my go-to mood lifters.

1 Like

fryparrotshag

5 Likes

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.