In power, Trump will punish the media first

@beschizza That image of Trump is becoming perfectly grotesque

2 Likes

but he speaks for the common man=his fourth grade blather competes with that of sarah palin when he’s even slightly challenged about his life and beliefs. his supporters couldn’t care less. everything about trump is considered nothing but a feature and not a flaw.

1 Like

I find it amazing that “pro-business” voters get behind trump. Not only must Amazon and the WP follow all the laws, they must also follow the whims of whoever the current president is. Same goes with Ford, who apparently can’t take advantage of cheaper labor like its competitors do – it’s fine to make a law so that businesses can plan their future, but a horror show when the president starts actually acting like a dictator.

Four score and seven years ago our fathers brought forth on this continent a new nation, conceived in liberty, and dedicated to the proposition that all men are created equal

– Lincoln

I just heard they’re taking these really bad stories — I mean, they, you know, wrong, I wouldn’t even say bad. They’re wrong. And in many cases they have no proper information. And they’re putting them together, they’re slopping them together. And they’re gonna do a book. And the book is gonna be all false stuff because the stories are so wrong.

– Trump

12 Likes

And in many cases they have no proper information. And they’re putting them together, they’re slopping them together.

By an amazing coincidence, that’s what many in the media have long been saying that about Trump and the other Republican candidates.

3 Likes

Psst - dude - when you’re speaking in favor of unfettered representative democracy or right to habeus corpus, or speaking against restricting freedom of the press or freedom of choice, don’t mention Lincoln.

…you are therefore hereby commanded forthwith to arrest and imprison in any fort or military prison in your command the editors, proprietors, and publishers of the aforesaid newspapers…

10 Likes

Trump has got some tanuki-sized balls on him to call other people out for making false statements… when that’s pretty much his stock in trade.

4 Likes

Also, don’t mention our current president. Cause he seems to be just as big of an authoritarian asshole as Trump is:
http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2015/05/obama-has-sentenced-whistleblowers-to-31-times-the-jail-time-of-all-prior-u-s-presidents-combined.html

But you know, Team Blue and all that.

4 Likes

Also, hasn’t Amazon pretty much cleared up all the tax issues? (at least in regards to sales tax)

2 Likes

Solid point, but I was thinking more in terms of :notes: accentuate the positive, eliminate the negative :notes: than in terms of teams.

I’m highly suspicious of any team that would accept me as a player.

5 Likes

Unlike Hillary, he’s the person who can easily beat Trump.

Hillary Clinton wants you to ignore the reality of the polls — and you shouldn’t

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/election/king-hillary-clinton-avoid-reality-polls-article-1.2634602

8 Likes

Meanwhile, in India:

Supreme Court upholds validity of criminal defamation law

The central government had defended their retention on the grounds that while in other countries, defamation cases are decided very fast, in India it takes years even decades before they reach conclusion.

1 Like

Well, the claim that “Obama did that” is actually true. At least, according to noted tinfoil conspiracy blogs like The New York Times and the federal court system. So there’s that. But I’ve just noticed that I’ve been posting in a Trump thread, so shame on me, I hate contributing to his media presence… I’m off to post in the F**ck Today thread!

1 Like

Nononononononono you’ve got it aaaaaaaaaallllllll wrong:

6 Likes

Not just that, but we’re still waiting to see Trump’s tax returns. Which Mitt Romney recently noted must be hiding something if Trump won’t release them.

I just followed rhe links from the blog, and then followed the links, &etc until I got to the source material, then checked it against the Google.

He made no threat. He never said the Washington Post should be censored. Trump is arguing that the Washington Post is being unfair to him because he might try to bring an anti-trust suit against Amazon.
Maybe that is something he just made up, but it would be one of the less crazy things he has made up.

That’s actually a rather brilliant and subtle bit of sabotage, so it is. Good on ITV.

1 Like

Are you suggesting there are… untruths on the internet? This will not stand, Sir!

When dealing with hierarchies, is customary to attach responsibility to those commanding, not those who serve the commander.

Unless you subscribe to the ethical doctrines of the Mafia, in which case “will no one rid me of this troublesome Kupfernigk? What miserable drones and traitors have I nourished and brought up in my household, who let their lord be treated with such shameful contempt?”

1 Like