In search of an awesome general interest gaming magazine

Best of luck to you and this magazine. There was a time when I would have been very interested, but today, with 4k computers and the internet, I strongly suspect that the younger generation will not fully accept table top gaming, and it will slowly die as the players do. I hope I’m wrong.

I play a table top baseball game (APBA) and I generally prefer the card-and-dice version over the computer version, but only because I can make my own modifications and experiments. The computer version is better for things like leagues where one person is in Calif, and another in NY. I loved Avalon-Hill games, but would never play the board games now. I love, love, love computer gaming-it’s so pretty, and it does all the calculations for you.

If anything the internet has helped tabletop gaming reach a wider audience.

3 Likes

I hope you’re right. Want to play some Squad Leader tonight? Oh, right, how about some Battlefield 1?

Believe it or not theres still an active Squad Leader and ASL community and its multi-generational.

1 Like

I don’t doubt it. My point is just that it’s more difficult, if not impossible to play it for some of us without other humans close enough to come over. It was always difficult for me to play it because of the lack of other humans. Now, though, I can play Company of Heroes vs the AI, or against other people thousands of miles away from me. I’m sure I’m not the only one in this situation.

1 Like

Are you aware of http://www.vassalengine.org

1 Like

No, I wasn’t. That looks very interesting, thanks.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed after 5 days. New replies are no longer allowed.