In shocking news, an electric automaker with a CEO known for misogyny is sued for sexual harassment

Originally published at: In shocking news, an electric automaker with a CEO known for misogyny is sued for sexual harassment | Boing Boing

8 Likes

Waiting for the Teslabros to come in with the “but he makes such good cars and is so innovative and he is saving the world with so many great things and is such a visionary and is so smart and so what if he’s a terrible person” posts in 3…2…1…

32 Likes

17 Likes

It’s entirely possible (and depressing) that it’s precisely because he’s a terrible person that he is driven (hah) to presume that regular norms do not, therefore, apply to him (cf. Donald Trump etc. etc.)
Of course, one doesn’t have to have inherited a fortune to be a terrible person (I would say “Kyle Rittenhouse” here but I suspect that this might get me into trouble, so pretend I never said that) but it does seem to magnify the problem somewhat.

12 Likes

You don’t need to be a terrible person to break norms and do amazing things. It’s just that those people who are sociopathic assholes like Musk are often better at marketing themselves to make the conversation about them.

18 Likes

oblgatory:

8 Likes

I delivered many catering gigs at that plant, round 2011. The fuckery assholiness that we witnessed was disturbing, very. One bro-guy stood on a chair & said at the top of his lungs when the clean up began “It’s hotel motel time” to a table that the ladies had took refuge at, the mere fact that they didn’t even look up/react at this asshole spook volumes to us.

Please never purchase Tesla/Musk products.

24 Likes

So that Musk fragrance when you sit in a new Tesla is actually testosterone?

15 Likes

In shocking news

Robin Hood Disney GIF

8 Likes

No that is commonly know as mangina fragrance, the tech bros love that shit.

My many apologies in advance.

7 Likes

That terrible-substitute-for-a-workable-public-transit-concept-like-a-train is never late.

17 Likes

Sell stock to fix world hunger, issue stock to fund the remedy to misogyny? Nobody rightclick the trial DAO by accident, it might be sup’n good! But is it the Plaintiff’s?

8 Likes

“more resembles a…frat house than a cutting-edge company in the heart of the progressive San Francisco Bay area”

Not to over-generalize, but “frat house” has kind of been tech culture’s “thing” for a long time now. :expressionless:

3 Likes

DEFINITELY a Freudian slip. Let it stand.

3 Likes

As someone from tech who is searching for a new landing spot, his companies simultaneously attract and repulse me. I wouldn’t be surprise if a “spectrum defense” appears on the road ahead. To put it in Bay Area terms, like the twinkie one.

1 Like

6 Likes

Wait, the makers of cars named Model S,3,X,Y have a culture of sexual harassment?

10 Likes

They can’t get into their electric golf carts…

1 Like

My understanding is the only reason they went with 3 was because someone else already had the trademark on “Model E”. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

Catpiss. It’s Catpiss.

2 Likes