In social media rant, Trump declares that he is mentally stable and "like, really smart"

I’ve often wondered if Trump was Pakled or Ferengi – now I know!
Pakled
Captain Grebnedlog: “We are smart!”

(Also: )
trump-b0db92be86eaec8a5d24d0bf938a8347

14 Likes

Scanning through the responses, I was stunned to see this wasn’t first up:

fredotweet2

21 Likes

This administration is like a version of the Godfather in which every character is Fredo.

22 Likes

his wording, is like, totally, the really really smartest. it speaks for itself.

man this guy really has a hardon for “crooked hillary”, he can’t seem to get off that ride even though it has stopped, everyone has gone home, and the park is closed.

as opposed to 100% of the states not mattering? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: that is actually much prefered to some people counting 2-4x as others. for anything federal all the people should count the same, for anything state level well that only counts the people in that state anyway. I’d prefer direct 1:1 voting power and proportional representation, you know, same as most free countries seem to have figured out.

No, it makes the election about the majority of the people, regardless of wherever they choose to live. Making city dwellers votes count less isn’t being more fair to country people. Popular vote seems to work most everywhere else, whereas our system is fucked. But the electoral seats don’t even represent the people in their own states fairly, it is the worst idea.

18 Likes

That’s actually the title to Red Scott/Ivan Hernandez’s Bunker Politics latest podcast: “Fredos Top to Bottom”.

But, sure, the Fredo list is long! Including, but not limited to: Trump himself, Jared, Ivanka, Pence, Scaramucci, Gorka, most of his Cabinet… Not sure where to place Bannon, since I don’t know what he did for 9 months (does anyone?)

Although, there are some other characters from the Godfather Universe lurking in there: I’d say Sessions is definitely a Barzini. Pence is like an evangelical Tom Hagen.

I think the distinction has to be made between those who are harming our country by whim and impulse (Trump and his Fredos) and those who are doing it intentionally and methodically (AG Sessions, EPA Chief Pruitt, OMB Mick Mulvaney, McConnell).

4 Likes

9 Likes

I guarantee his supporters aren’t losing sleep over it. The conviction with which they can justify and accept his behavior, even when it directly contradict things he’s said and done in the past or their own beliefs, is incredible. I occasionally interact with a few in person and it never ceases to amaze me how quickly and unironically they can excuse or ignore his flaws and bad behavior. This morning a Trump-supporting friend of a friend who has summarily excused and supported Trump’s behavior toward women called me a sexist for saying that Ivanka wasn’t qualified to run for president.

21 Likes

It’s like the backwards version of The Godfather where Fredo improbably rises up the ranks to become Godfather, and it’s America on the fishing boat getting shot in the back of the head by Neri while the rest of the world watches from the window.

6 Likes

“He’s just shaking things up!”

6 Likes

I’m still pretty early on in the book but Wolff paints him as one of the three people who was essentially doing the work that is normally reserved for the President’s Chief of Staff.

4 Likes

I like that a lot. But if Fredo (or Sonny, for that matter) did become head of the Corleone Family, Fredo never makes it to the Lake Tahoe scene in Godfather II. Well before the move to Vegas, in the alternative universe, Fredo (as America) and Corleone Family itself gets wiped out by the Barzinis (Russia? The Evangelical Right?) in the finale of The Godfather, instead of the other way around. If there were to be a sequel, we’d instead be seeing the machinations of Richard Conte (V. Putin).

1 Like
6 Likes

Bestest Presidency evah!

26 Likes

Quick—someone tell Trump that his kids have been calling him names behind his back and watch as he publicly tears them apart before they have a chance to refute it.

18 Likes

Maybe more like dancing Steven Seagal

5 Likes

da16dbc13c6d1bd925853ade6c6a6a58e1474242_1_690x445
FTFY

8 Likes

Kitty/dolphin chaser, STAT!
gif

25 Likes

I’m trying to imagine why more than one third of the adults eligible to vote in this country saw fit to vote for him. I don’t care whether they were listening to Fox, or the Russians, or even the Daily Stormer. They thought voting for Trump was a good idea.

12 Likes

This definitely happened (or also happened?) in a clinic scene in House. A couple comes into the clinic because his poop is floating; it turns out he’s been cheating… on the vegan diet she’s insisted on for both of them.

1 Like

This has been a source of wonder for me as well. Were they not paying attention, or thinking, or…what?

1 Like