In social media rant, Trump declares that he is mentally stable and "like, really smart"

9 Likes

I guarantee his supporters aren’t losing sleep over it. The conviction with which they can justify and accept his behavior, even when it directly contradict things he’s said and done in the past or their own beliefs, is incredible. I occasionally interact with a few in person and it never ceases to amaze me how quickly and unironically they can excuse or ignore his flaws and bad behavior. This morning a Trump-supporting friend of a friend who has summarily excused and supported Trump’s behavior toward women called me a sexist for saying that Ivanka wasn’t qualified to run for president.

21 Likes

It’s like the backwards version of The Godfather where Fredo improbably rises up the ranks to become Godfather, and it’s America on the fishing boat getting shot in the back of the head by Neri while the rest of the world watches from the window.

6 Likes

“He’s just shaking things up!”

6 Likes

I’m still pretty early on in the book but Wolff paints him as one of the three people who was essentially doing the work that is normally reserved for the President’s Chief of Staff.

4 Likes

I like that a lot. But if Fredo (or Sonny, for that matter) did become head of the Corleone Family, Fredo never makes it to the Lake Tahoe scene in Godfather II. Well before the move to Vegas, in the alternative universe, Fredo (as America) and Corleone Family itself gets wiped out by the Barzinis (Russia? The Evangelical Right?) in the finale of The Godfather, instead of the other way around. If there were to be a sequel, we’d instead be seeing the machinations of Richard Conte (V. Putin).

1 Like
6 Likes

Bestest Presidency evah!

26 Likes

Quick—someone tell Trump that his kids have been calling him names behind his back and watch as he publicly tears them apart before they have a chance to refute it.

18 Likes

Maybe more like dancing Steven Seagal

5 Likes

da16dbc13c6d1bd925853ade6c6a6a58e1474242_1_690x445
FTFY

8 Likes

Kitty/dolphin chaser, STAT!
gif

25 Likes

I’m trying to imagine why more than one third of the adults eligible to vote in this country saw fit to vote for him. I don’t care whether they were listening to Fox, or the Russians, or even the Daily Stormer. They thought voting for Trump was a good idea.

12 Likes

This definitely happened (or also happened?) in a clinic scene in House. A couple comes into the clinic because his poop is floating; it turns out he’s been cheating… on the vegan diet she’s insisted on for both of them.

1 Like

This has been a source of wonder for me as well. Were they not paying attention, or thinking, or…what?

1 Like

"I felt a great disturbance in the Force, as if millions of palms suddenly met millions of faces.

11 Likes

Trump’s rant instantaneously obliterates the objective of his rant. A self-cancelling operator (for you mathematicians out there).

3 Likes

Let’s all sing Trump’s praise:
IMG_0197

12 Likes

Fair enough.

Trump: I have the best shat!!!

14 Likes